• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 MVP Open at Maple Hill Sept 11-13

The OB rope on hole 8 runs across the top of the wall so that any shot that does not get past the wall is OB. Simon's shot hit the top of the wall and knocked the rope down in front of the wall and his disc came to rest on top of the rope. I don't believe he would win a ruling on that situation. An official came and ruled against him already. Playing from the drop zone he ended up with a 6. If his original drive was deemed in bounds he would get a 2.

Can someone write up the rules controversy? Wish I had live.
You can always subscribe... or wait for the post production video.
I'm just glad they stream the final round for free. :thmbup:

Too bad Kevin struggled on 18, but he still had a very good round.
Look's like Ricky got off to a rough front 9, but nearly a flawless back 9.

McBeth is being McBeth.
Doesn't look like Eagle had a very good day.
Should be interesting t watch some of the coverage.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
The OB rope on hole 8 runs across the top of the wall so that any shot that does not get past the wall is OB. Simon's shot hit the top of the wall and knocked the rope down in front of the wall and his disc came to rest on top of the rope. I don't believe he would win a ruling on that situation. An official came and ruled against him already. Playing from the drop zone he ended up with a 6. If his original drive was deemed in bounds he would get a 2.

Didn't jump on live feed until back nine--I am guessing both he and Ricky went O/B again from the drop zone then? Wonder if either one of them was trying to save par with a hero shot from there...seems like little chance of reward for the huge risk that goes into it. A simple layup and take your bogey would seem to be the play...

Didn't jump on live feed until back nine--I am guessing both he and Ricky went O/B again from the drop zone then? Wonder if either one of them was trying to save par with a hero shot from there...seems like little chance of reward for the huge risk that goes into it. A simple layup and take your bogey would seem to be the play...

They both missed their first shot and had to ree-tee and missed again..THEN they did go to the drop zone..
Then it looked like Simons first might have been safe but after a long discussion it did not matter since he never called a provisional

They both missed their first shot and had to ree-tee and missed again..THEN they did go to the drop zone..
Then it looked like Simons first might have been safe but after a long discussion it did not matter since he never called a provisional
Ouch. I guess his 6 was on hole 5, not hole 8, where Ricky's was. Water getting to the best today. He'd be right in it with 3-4 extra strokes. Sucks for him.