• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 Ledgestone Insurance Open Aug 5-8

Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't Hailey King get penalized because her caddie is wearing a sleeveless shirt? I think its a dumb rule but its in the book.

If that's the rule. :\
Last thing you want are TD's being selective about which rules they see fit to enforce, because that's one ugly can of worms.

I would assume if her caddie changes to an appropriate shirt once someone actually calls her on it, that'd be OK?

Would love to hear Krupicka's take.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't Hailey King get penalized because her caddie is wearing a sleeveless shirt? I think its a dumb rule but its in the book.

If that's the rule. :\
Last thing you want are TD's being selective about which rules they see fit to enforce, because that's one ugly can of worms.

I would assume if her caddie changes to an appropriate shirt once someone actually calls her on it, that'd be OK?

Would love to hear Krupicka's take.
:popcorn:

Women can wear sleeveless. Men have to have sleeves.

That's sexist. :|

Tell it to the RC!!!!

No seriously, I think it goes back to when ladies were "classing up" their attire with so-called "tennis dresses." Those are often sleeveless so they just made women sleeveless OK.

Who knows? Ask and they might let men wear sleeveless dresses, too.

Last edited:
From the competition manual:
3.04 Dress Code
A. All violations of the Dress Code Policy shall be considered a Courtesy Violation
under Section 8.12 of the PDGA Official Rules of Play.
B. All competitors and staff are required to wear a shirt.
C. All competitors and staff are required to wear shoes or other foot coverings.
Players will not be allowed to play in bare feet. Sandals or slides are allowed.
D. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/ National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but that decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:
1. All players in PDGA-sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.
2. All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a collar and sleeves covering the upper arm shall be considered acceptable. Tank tops are not allowed for any competitor, but women may wear sleeveless shirts with collars.
2.A. Women may also wear well-tailored one-piece tennis dresses with minimum one-inch-wide shoulder straps.

3. No tee shirts will be allowed, except for competitors in the Junior and Amateur divisions during preliminary rounds. Juniors and Amateurs shall not wear tee shirts during semifinal or final rounds. Crew neck or v-neck shirts made of high-performance or high-tech materials, such as Dry-Fit, Cool-Max, and others will be allowed.
4. Shirts that hang down lower than the bottom hemline on the player's shorts shall be tucked in.
5. No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants will be allowed on the course. That includes unhemmed, torn or cut "vents" at the shirt collar.
6. No offensive, profane, or obscene slogans or logos shall be allowed on any clothing. Junior players may not wear slogans or logos referring to alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
7. This dress code will be in effect from start to finish at each event, including all tournament rounds.
8. Players who do not make a cut, but wish to remain on site through the duration of the tournament, will be considered spectators and will not be required to conform to the Tour's dress code.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to this line:
The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/ National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but that decision lies solely with the Tournament Director
Is Ledgestone (or any DGPT event) considered Elite Series or Major?

If you split your pants or rip them on a thorn bush during the round, you must remove them immediately to avoid violating the following dress code. ;)

"5. No ripped shirts, shorts, or pants will be allowed on the course."

You could also just not wear pants to begin with. There's nothing saying they are required.

You could also just not wear pants to begin with. There's nothing saying they are required.

... as long as you are not "in violation of federal, state or local laws or ordinances, park regulations or disc golf course rules." per 303 B. 10.

I haven't seen enough of Northwood Black to know exactly how tough it is, but I'm guessing at least one 1030 rated player will shoot over par today. maybe -6 is the hot round? I'm happy to see a course that plays really tough for the pros.

Contrary to what Ulibarri said, even par will not be a 1050 round.

Wonder if Juliana will feel old today as she have 3 of the youngest FPO players on tour on her card ;)

according to a reddit post, which I'm guessing was referencing this now deleted tweet, the DGPT has asked GK Pro not to upload same day FPO lead card coverage. curious what the tweet said exactly
https://twitter.com/GKProDiscGolf/status/1423077017126383616?s=20

in a follow up to that deleted tweet when somebody asked why, they said "Man shrugging We're still trying to understand"
https://twitter.com/GKProDiscGolf/status/1423079982876839945

Probably an effort to avoid people dropping their DGN subscription because they know they can consume the coverage faster and on the same day from GK.

Latest posts