• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Discraft's Great Lakes Open July 23-25

Hole 15 will probably play the toughest in relationship to par. Over Am Nats three rounds it averaged a full stroke over par. The Sunday round was a stiff head wind off the tee, and it ended averaging +1.3 with one person getting a 3 on it.

The Pros during DGLO will for sure play it better, but I could easily see it play +..6-.75 over par.

Hole 15 will probably play the toughest in relationship to par. Over Am Nats three rounds it averaged a full stroke over par. The Sunday round was a stiff head wind off the tee, and it ended averaging +1.3 with one person getting a 3 on it.

The Pros during DGLO will for sure play it better, but I could easily see it play +..6-.75 over par.
My 5,5,6 over 3 rounds doesnt sound that wretched now. Thanks!

Is there a line for someone to huge to the right of 15's FPO teepad? According to the caddy book it's 400 to there

Is there a line for someone to huge to the right of 15's FPO teepad? According to the caddy book it's 400 to there
You get pinched real quick to the right of that teepad. There is a local route, but birdie is out. You really need to be about 100' past the old teepad and to the left to have any real birdie chance.

Now that the holes have been combined, there's a long tee (too of the hill where old 14 was), and a short tee (original old 15 tee).

I'd say the best line to take it is RHBH... mash on a pretty stable driver, playing just to the right of the short tee, so that the fade puts your lie in front of the short tee.

Real power players can get a good ways past the short tee, but if they don't stay in the short grass, the rough may mean the extra distance doesn't help.

Hope that helps.

Not that I have any hopes to do that if I even make the trip up this year. Just curious if someone like GG might try.

Not that I have any hopes to do that if I even make the trip up this year. Just curious if someone like GG might try.

You'll probs see some big boys launch the feces out a few discs from up there.

Finally heading out to take my Toboggan medicine on Saturday. I have not played the new holes or teepads. I am pretty geeked. Plus I get to play with a group of DGCR guys.......hey, maybe we'll make a podcast of it?

Maybe not, it would likely be a group of old guys just breathing real hard.

... group of old guys just breathing real hard.

Not the kind of ASMR that's going to draw the fans.

Enjoy the course, they've been keeping up really nice and things are mowed extra wide throughout. Hopefully the new woods holes, 4 and 5, have enough time to drain decently by the time you play. The steep parts can be really sketchy right after a rain.

Played Toboggan with Ru4 & The Shide.
Course is looking good, and volunteer crew and staff were roping off OB, and trimming weed whacking (but not for the first time... just as a clean up).

Heinold was there, presumably to make sure everything is being addressed if necessary. Heard they're putting mulch out on the new wooded holes to keep them from being so muddy. Might even see some around the baskets.

Walking back to our cars from 18, ran into McBeth in the parking lot on his way to 1.

Also chatted with Albert Tamm about #15 and The Shide & spotted for him. He threw about 5 discs from the top of the hill. At least a few of them were Ballista Pros. You genuinely couldn't ask for a friendlier guy.

The elevated tee should make it more reachable with mids (at least for most of the more familiar players). I can also see hyzer flips with straighter finishing fairways working out.

But fading early either side will make scoring more difficult.

Really like the two new holes. :thmbup:

I really like the aesthetics of the mulch.

We have had a ton of rain here. Kensington MetroPark is very sandy and does not really hold much water, but that hole was a bit muddy and greasy. I am guessing more because it is newly cut in, than soil content. They were out mulching last Saturday.

I was able to get down to the left of the tree in pic 2. If I can get down for a long putt, I don't see the big boys struggling much getting a putter down that way.

We have had a ton of rain here. Kensington MetroPark is very sandy and does not really hold much water, but that hole was a bit muddy and greasy. I am guessing more because it is newly cut in, than soil content. They were out mulching last Saturday.

I was able to get down to the left of the tree in pic 2. If I can get down for a long putt, I don't see the big boys struggling much getting a putter down that way.

I played some wooded course up in Michigan on a trip and all the fairways were wood chips. It made things far less miserable than the I need to change clothes to drive my car home post rain wooded course rounds here.

Looks like there's a pretty good (50%) chance of showers Fri & Sat. :\. Forecast for Sun looks much better.

Discraft Flymart schedule. Those Z line Hades drop Saturday.

Attachments

• EF86B3FF-27C6-471B-93DD-D22C9A3FB790.jpg
    EF86B3FF-27C6-471B-93DD-D22C9A3FB790.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 10D9E1C5-D8A0-471C-8C2A-EBD540AB5C54.jpg
    10D9E1C5-D8A0-471C-8C2A-EBD540AB5C54.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts