• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Different Kinds of Rocs...

KMaC

Double Eagle Member
I recently fell in love with the Roc.

I also recently noticed that my local disc store has a few DX San Marino and Ontario Rocs.

Are the "older" Roc molds worth messing around with if I can get one for $8 or should I just stick with my Ranchos in different stages of wear?

i have a sanny that i love that is really beat. but its just a little to flippy compared to my dx rancho. it is def. more domey than ranchos are. can't handle wind like my other beat dx either. i would suggest just going with the rancho

Its all what you like and throw. I use a little of everything except new San Marino and new Ontarios.

just do what i do whenever i go to pias: if it's cheap, buy it and try it out. you just might fall in love and have a new favorite mold. try out all the rocs you can until you find the ones perfect for your game. i personally used to throw a 2007 am worlds stamped pro-line roc and a dx classic roc until they started to piss me off, and they got kicked out of the bag and replaced with discraft mids

You talking about Mojo?

I just grabbed a few of each from there. They're all slightly domey, but the Sanny's feel like money. that and the Mayhem open stamp is quite eye pleasing as well as the S Curve Ontarios.

Haven't thrown them yet :D

Ok, should I get a San Marino or an Ontario?

Sannys are flippier, right?

The Sannys are a bit flippy but once you learn to finesse them it'll become a go-to mid range and short hole driver. Just throw it a few times on a couple of different lines and you'll figure it out.

The one I have is a little domey. Great disc for lots of different shots. I really like this mold in the Star plastic. I get great results and I don't really have to put too much on it to get good distance. When in doubt, I grab this baby.

I also currently have in my bag a flat top Ontario Champion Classic Roc. It's a lot more stable than the Sanny one. I use it for straight shots in woods or if I'm shooting under some brush. A little sensitive, it can go right if I'm not careful. I also use to to blast through the rough or bushes when my lie is blocked.

So, if possible, get both but if only one, I'd recommend a Sanny.

I also currently have in my bag a flat top Ontario Champion Classic Roc.
Roc faux pas! A Classic Roc is not a "Roc." The Ontario Roc is a 21.7 cm diameter disc that starts out pretty dead stable and beats in to be a nice turnover midrange. The "Classic Roc" is a 21.2 cm diameter overstable disc that is kind of a tweener between a putter and a midrange. When discussing Rocs, we must stick to the 21.7 cm diameter discs. The "Classic Roc" is a completely different thing.

What I have heard from local pros is that Sannys are the most stable, followed by Rancho, then Ontarios are the most flippy. Is that accurate information?

I prefered when Three Putt just screamed at us to get off his lawn and mumble incoherent things under his breath.
No, no...look, I'm Bob Ross now. Happy trees, happy thoughts. We don't know where it goes. We don't really care. People look at me like I'm a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That's ok. Thaaaat's just ok. Talk to the tree, make friends with it. People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different. The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.

Well, the little clock on the wall says we're just about out of time. God bless you my friend.

Last edited:
Ontario = most "flippy" (that doesn't mean the same thing that a flippy driver does.) With an Ontario Roc ... when well beaten in, you get a nice smooth anhyzer flight path unless you really torque it over in which case you're gonna get an ugly Roc roller)

Rancho = nice and stable... relating it to drivers i'd say it's like a Teebird. Is rather overstable right off the bat and never really loses it until it's really beat in

No, no...look, I'm Bob Ross now. Happy trees, happy thoughts. We don't know where it goes. We don't really care. People look at me like I'm a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That's ok. Thaaaat's just ok. Talk to the tree, make friends with it. People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different. The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.

Well, the little clock on the wall says we're just about out of time. God bless you my friend.

Three Putt...

What the hell man?

Thought about throwing rocs because I love innova discs so much. I've always worked with Discraft mids (Wasp and Buzzz) because you have less varieties of the same named disc. The best advice is to do what the guy said before and search these forums. The information overwhelmed me to the point where I said I'll stick with what I know. Enjoy the hunt for the perfect roc for you.

What I have heard from local pros is that Sannys are the most stable, followed by Rancho, then Ontarios are the most flippy. Is that accurate information?

No, it goes Rancho, Sanny, Ontario...

I have throw all of them a lot and actually like them all. Right now I have an Star Ontario in the bag for hyzers and a DX Sanny for straight shots. I use to have a seasoned KC Rancho for straight but lost it at the 'rents.

Latest posts