• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different tiers in tournaments..

Why's that?

Golf is supposed to be a classy gentleman's sport. Not a dirty hippie game. So, when you have players in a tournament wearing tye dye t-shirts it screams I smoke Pot and throw frisbees to random walkers, bikers and etc... Maintaining DG player = pothead.

That's why.

Sort of like how that "unsuccessful" sport of snowboarding has suffered because they didn't adopt the upscale clothing of the ski world?

Golf is supposed to be a classy gentleman's sport. Not a dirty hippie game. So, when you have players in a tournament wearing tye dye t-shirts it screams I smoke Pot and throw frisbees to random walkers, bikers and etc... Maintaining DG player = pothead.

That's why.

Hmm. I don't really see the thing about being classy gentlemen, but what about a collared tie-dye golf shirt?

Golf-Shirt-Rainbow-Spiral-Tie-dye-bg.jpg

Snowboarding was never looked at as a "pothead" or "hippie" sport. So that doesnt work as a reference. Most people if you ask, would assocciate disc golf to pot heads/hippies. Its a response I hear often, and havent been playing but a few months.

Im not saying polos or collared ahirts should be required at an event. But not dressed as a bum should be. Casual games is your own business. That said, you probably shouldnt be walking around dressed as a bum in the first place. But how you act, dress, assocciate yourself with on the course, reflects on outside views of the sport.

Im sure any park goers who see people playing disc golf all the time think "drunk, pothead, hippie, trash" etc. why? Majority of the people who play my local course are that way. Its no wonder people think the way they do.

Hmm. I don't really see the thing about being classy gentlemen, but what about a collared tie-dye golf shirt?

Golf-Shirt-Rainbow-Spiral-Tie-dye-bg.jpg

You what's funny about that shirt is if you wear it on the DG course you look world class frolfer. On the Bolf course you just look like a clown.

Hey guys, lets not feed the individual whose bridge is being successfully crossed by goats in his absence.

What's the subject of this thread again? I forgot.

Hey guys, lets not feed the individual whose bridge is being successfully crossed by goats in his absence.

What's the subject of this thread again? I forgot.

I don't think it matters, the original question has been asked and answered tons of times already. This is more fun. :p

Among the many dubious theories here is that the dress code of our local, once-a-year C-tier will erase whatever impression our daily casual players have made on whichever non-disc-golfers might see them.

In my own experience, the prevailing reputation of disc golfers among the general public is non-existence. Though it's not nearly as severe as it was 15 years ago.

Among the many dubious theories here is that the dress code of our local, once-a-year C-tier will erase whatever impression our daily casual players have made on whichever non-disc-golfers might see them.

In my own experience, the prevailing reputation of disc golfers among the general public is non-existence. Though it's not nearly as severe as it was 15 years ago.

It's cleaning up a bit. I don't see as many people sagging their pants, as I used too.:thmbup:

The low classness of disc golfers...And why the game gets no respect.
- 12-15% annual player growth
- Number of courses worldwide has tripled in the last ten years.
- More and more upstart equipment manufacturers getting in.

Meanwhile in our supposedly "respectable" big brother sport...

- Numerous courses being shut down to overbuilding, underfunding, and land being more valuable for things other than a golf course.
- People giving up the game because it costs too much money and takes too long to play.
- Shenanigans like this going on more often that you would probably think (potentially NSFW).

Umm yeah, screw respect.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go defowl our game by heading down to the course to play in a t-shirt.

- 12-15% annual player growth
- Number of courses worldwide has tripled in the last ten years.
- More and more upstart equipment manufacturers getting in.

Meanwhile in our supposedly "respectable" big brother sport...

- Numerous courses being shut down to overbuilding, underfunding, and land being more valuable for things other than a golf course.
- People giving up the game because it costs too much money and takes too long to play.
- Shenanigans like this going on more often that you would probably think (potentially NSFW).

Umm yeah, screw respect.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go defowl our game by heading down to the course to play in a t-shirt.

Make sure it is a tye dyed tee-shirt with those bears or skull on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts