• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Different tiers in tournaments..

There's also the consideration that there are far more C-tier events out there than higher tier events, so unless you're flexible enough to travel to another state for a weekend tournament, a C-tier may simply be what's available.

For a graphic illustration of this, go to dgmapper.com and compare the view of C-tier events through the end of the year vs. the view of B-tier, A-tier, etc. events.

This year Charlotte has:
6 C-Tiers
3 B-Tiers
2 A-Tier
2 Majors
*(not including the statesville C-Tier)

Only the women's global tournament (C-Tier) is listed... I don't think DGMapper.com is a good resource.

This year Charlotte has:
6 C-Tiers
3 B-Tiers
2 A-Tier
2 Majors
*(not including the statesville C-Tier)

Only the women's global tournament (C-Tier) is listed... I don't think DGMapper.com is a good resource.

Most of them are probably there, but they all get covered by the icon for the soonest one. To see the others, you have to narrow the dates selected, or just show, for example, B-tiers. They still may not all be listed, but the Women's global tournament is the only one you see because the others are hiding behind it. The others are still counted in the total number, but you can't view them or click on them with the women's tournament in front of them. If you uncheck C-tier you will see a B-tier showing. If you only show Majors, you will see one of them showing. It's a problem with the user-friendliness of the website, but it does mine all of the event data from pdga.com and discgolfscene.com on a daily basis. If any of these events in Charlotte are not listed on one of those two websites, it won't show on the map.

And on the point of there being lots more C-tiers, although Charlotte is rich in disc golf and an exception to my point, there are parts of the country where only C-tiers, if that, are available for months and months within hundreds of miles.

got em, takes a while to figure out. Would be nice if accompanied with a list...neat app.

Either way, the answer is that they're willing to bust their butts and do it.

When does the dress code kick in? A tier? Is it actually obeyed? Enforced? For Ams?

Apparently only for Majors....I played an A-Tier in STL this weekend. INT winner was wearing a sleeveless teeshirt. Pretty sure SLEEVED Ts are in the PDGA rules for ALL sanctioned events.

Now doesn't that just look classy? A winner (not rec) wearing a muscle tee....

D. The following dress code for all competitors will be enforced at all PDGA Elite Series/National Tour and Major Events. The PDGA also recommends that this dress code be enforced at Super Tour and lower tier events, but this decision lies solely with the Tournament Director:

(1) All players in PDGA sanctioned competition and tournament staff are expected to dress appropriately and to maintain a clean and well-groomed appearance at all event sites and associated functions.

(2) All players must wear a shirt covering their upper chest area. A well-tailored shirt with a fold-down, mock turtle, v-neck, crew neck, Henley, or zippered collar, and with sleeves covering the part of the arm from the shoulder to the elbow (commonly known as the upper arm), shall be considered acceptable.

I don't see where it says sleeveless for anybody but women?
Women are also allowed to wear sleeveless shirts as designated above.

Dress code isn't in effect at A tiers anyway, but you're right that the dri-fit material doesn't make sleeveless shirts ok in tournaments where it is enforced.

Sort of like how that "unsuccessful" sport of snowboarding has suffered because they didn't adopt the upscale clothing of the ski world?

Those hippie skate boarders out of California really stunted the growth of the sport too.

Keep Disc Golf Weird !