• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc bag riser

Awkward Accountant

Bogey Member
I saw this product yesterday on youtube and was at first excited about it. Being a taller person, it would be helpful to raise my bag off the ground more.

Then looking into more I became less excited. Not being released until October. You need to drill holes into your bag. And it costs $150. Mojohgear is the company who makes it.

What do you think? Would you drill a bunch of holes in your bag and drop $150 just to raise it a few inches off the ground?

Attachments

• Ryzer-Uneven.jpg
    Ryzer-Uneven.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 38
I saw this product yesterday on youtube and was at first excited about it. Being a taller person, it would be helpful to raise my bag off the ground more.

Then looking into more I became less excited. Not being released until October. You need to drill holes into your bag. And it costs $150. Mojohgear is the company who makes it.

What do you think? Would you drill a bunch of holes in your bag and drop $150 just to raise it a few inches off the ground?

I've said this elsewhere, but I'll repeat it here. It seems to me, if you're the kind of person who spends enough on disc golf to mentally justify $150 to raise your bag up (I'm one of those people, and I thought about ordering one of these until I saw the wait time and installation method) that you probably have a pretty nice bag. And because I have a nice bag, I'm not really looking to void the warranty on that pretty nice bag by putting holes in the bottom of it.

Now, if this company and some bag manufacturers come to some agreement that installing this system doesn't void the warranty...then maybe I'll reconsider. Until that time...it just doesn't seem worth it.

TrashPanda has a review of the product and says that the company is working on a version/solution that does not require making holes in your bag. It's still expensive though for a product that only really does two things (but those two things could be very important to some disc golfers).
1. keeps your bag off the ground (out of dirt, water, snow, etc)
2. puts your bag a bit higher so it is easier to get discs out of the bag (less stooping down/bending over).

For me, it isn't worth the price. The legs stick out from the sides when it is folded up and that would mean you'd have to remove it before putting it on/in a cart. And while the weight isn't huge, it does add extra weight to the bag.

And the name of the product is Mojoh Ryzer.

Another thing too is it weighs over 2 pounds. For longer rounds i usually carry 64 ounces of water and around 2 dozen discs. Carrying an extra 2.5 pounds and needed to extend the legs before placing the bag down 50+ times per round seems to be counter intuitive to me.

I'm 6'8" and switched to disc golf as a low injury alternative to the sports i once did. Bending over so often does get to me. I wish there was a better alternative. Thinking about taking my bag to a sewing company and putting an extended loop on top so i don't have to bend as much picking it up

Another thing too is it weighs over 2 pounds. For longer rounds i usually carry 64 ounces of water and around 2 dozen discs. Carrying an extra 2.5 pounds and needed to extend the legs before placing the bag down 50+ times per round seems to be counter intuitive to me.

I'm 6'8" and switched to disc golf as a low injury alternative to the sports i once did. Bending over so often does get to me. I wish there was a better alternative. Thinking about taking my bag to a sewing company and putting an extended loop on top so i don't have to bend as much picking it up

If your course is cart friendly, repurposed ball golf pull/push carts and jogging strollers generally situate the discs much higher than the purpose built dg carts that I've seen. Since you're the one doing the customizing, you have the opportunity to mount your bag pretty much as high as you could want.

I had the same initial reaction ("Wow! I want one!), But talked myself out of it for all of the reasons already given. Besides, it's one more part to fail.

I tried using my tripod stool, and it really isn't stable enough.

My solution is a Coleman "Rambler ll" (2) stool. Four legs and it folds. Arrives on Thursday. Cost me all of $16 with free shipping. I plan to use it during a two round tournament on Saturday (because unlike the bag riser, it doubles as a....stool!

I can't claim the original idea. I got it from watching Jerm in a Jomez Practice Round video a month or so ago. He'd walk with it over his shoulder, then set it down and put his Octo on it. Made a ton of sense. I tried it with a tripod stool, and it wouldn't stay up if the ground wasn't level (and it blew over once).

Just use a tripod stool to keep your bag off the ground.

I think my combined lifetime spend on (to date 4) dg bags is < $150. I'm clearly not part of their target market.

This is what I see a lot of people doing, plus it offers a place to sit if needed--even if it's not the best seat, it is still better than standing around waiting for the next group to clear.

It's weight, according to the manufacture's FAQ, is the equivalent of 6 max weight discs. My bag is heavy enough as it is, do I want to take out 6 discs just so I can add this stand to the bag? Nope. It's not for me. Instead, I'll continue to keep my cart in my trunk and if a course is cart friendly, I'll put my bag on my cart. If a course isn't car friendly, I'll just continue to carry my bag and set it on the ground; I can live with stooping down to pick it up and with having a bit of dirt on the bottom of the bag.

it does look cool
Sequence_01_13.gif
but certainly outside my $ range (i also only carry a fade crunch box)
https://mojohgear.com/

For the point about the weight, I've been trying to mentally juggle whether the extra 2 lbs of weight carried around is worth it to my back when balancing out the fact I then don't have to bend over so far to put my bag down and pick my bag up each time.

I also don't mind that taking it off is a pain, I don't use my bag on my cart. I typically just use a bag in the winter when there's snow on the ground...so another positive for keeping the bag off the ground. Specifically, what my haul pockets look like when only the area directly under the main area is supported. Maybe we'll see if they succeed in making one without the hole requirement.

My other concern would be less even terrain. I don't want to carry around the extra weight and then not be able to use the legs because it's primarily hills.

Also curious to see how this works with bags without much internal structure, like a Pound.

looks like a clever invention--thanks for the GIF Chevis. The self resetting springs obviously add weight to it.

looks like a clever invention--thanks for the GIF Chevis. The self resetting springs obviously add weight to it.

that makes me think... it doesn't need springs, it could use gravity to deploy & the cord to bring the legs back up, but that wouldn't be as cool or as convenient when you want to grab & go (though you could just leave them deployed).

Last edited:
You can also 'lock' the legs into position so that when you lift the bag/ryzer the legs don't fold up. That would come in handy if you are constantly putting it down and picking it up.

I ordered one back when the ads first showed up. I was in the second tier. ($110) It showed up Monday. The assembly was pretty simple. The mounting took a moment, but it was straight forward.

I have to say, I'm really happy with it. The weight really isn't noticeable. Like having 2 beers in the bag. I could always carry less extra stuff if I cared.

Looking forward to the weekend!

Attachments

• 20231102_001043.jpg
    20231102_001043.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Ran across one of these in the wild today. Had a chance to play with it for a second. Very cool idea. The quality seem good, it functioned well and did not seem to be very heavy. The guy that had it was not happy with his bag choice. It was a bit back heavy to start with and this added some instability to the rig. The owner was pretty happy with it. He said he needed a bit of time to get the routine down.

Ran across one of these in the wild today. Had a chance to play with it for a second. Very cool idea. The quality seem good, it functioned well and did not seem to be very heavy. The guy that had it was not happy with his bag choice. It was a bit back heavy to start with and this added some instability to the rig. The owner was pretty happy with it. He said he needed a bit of time to get the routine down.
Back heavy?
The kit includes a pool noodle to reinforce soft bottom bags. If it was used to space the discs towards the rear, like the videos suggest, it might have been the issue. Likely fixable. My rig didn't need it.

Back heavy?
The kit includes a pool noodle to reinforce soft bottom bags. If it was used to space the discs towards the rear, like the videos suggest, it might have been the issue. Likely fixable. My rig didn't need it.
I failed to really check out the bag. The owner claimed the bag had a tendency to tip toward the backpack straps, when setting it on the ground, before he even attached the rig. I guessing some bags probably work better than others.

Latest posts