• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Dog Injuries?

It really is this easy when humans act like humans. Accidents happen and a simple apology will usually settle this type of minor dispute.

Maybe the guy who hit the OP's dog was afraid to see the damage he caused??? There are plenty of overgrown kids out there. :doh:

I ran into her about a week later at the same course and she stopped and said hi and asked how my round was going. Very cool person.

justification for strong arm robbery.

I agree, this was complete justification for thieving the guys disc. :wall:

... clearly we don't need any of this out of context quoting, go run for government if you want to play that game

If you hit a person with a disc you apologize; if you don't, you should get off the course - not because you're an inconsiderate golfer, but because you're an inconsiderate human.

The only reason his disc is in my bag is for the simple reason that he tried to act like nothing happened and made no move to apologize. It's simple to sit at a computer and say what shoulda happened. But I posted what happened regardless of it was the right move or not. The disc will be there until he decides to talk at which point it will be returned. Or if I get sick of carrying it, I'll drop it in their mailbox. The dog is fine and played 18 with me this morning without a care in the world.

The dog was on a harness connected to a leash connected to my wife.

I was up by the basket which is by the tee he threw from. My dad and wife were just starting the hole because of a restroom stop. Believe me, I barely heard him, there was no way for them to hear him at the opposite end of the hole. He said 'heads' for his own benefit.

Ninja tried to jump it at the last minute which is why he took it in the chest, rather than the face. I yelled but by the time I realized it was gonna hit it was too late.

As for others I've had issues with I'm with Lake. Regardless of it was their fault or mine, apologies have been exchanged and we all wave and chat whenever we see each other around town or at the course. I guess his attitude afterwards like nothing had happened is what set me off.

I was doing chipping work one day on a hole at GGP, asking all who came to play the hole to skip it so that we could work without interruption. Well, this one guy totally ignored my request and threw his disc anyways, and hit my dog. I was irate and pitchforked his disc and threw it back to him. He promptly left and the dog(my cute aussie) was fine, just startled. Never saw the guy again.

Attachments

• P1010078.jpg
    P1010078.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 14
I guess his attitude afterwards like nothing had happened is what set me off.

For most idiots, the best way for them to cope is to pretend that they did nothing wrong in their head.

I'd be upset as well in the same situation if someone hit my dog. We have a ton of chuckers at my home course during the good weather months. For this reason alone, I prefer to play there with snow on the ground. It really is the best deterrent for idiot chuckers.

Maybe you should drop the disc off and leave a nice, sarcastic note about etiquette on the course & an apology for stalking him??? :)

Unless the dog owner was standing over this guys disc, with a crowbar in hand, glaring, the thrower is at fault. He deserved to lose the disc.

It doesn't matter what volume he yelled at, or if he yelled at all for that matter.
If you nail someone/somepet with a disc, you apologize.

Simple human decency.

*also you could easily teach a dog to look up for a disc upon hearing "fore," might be harder to teach em to avoid it though :doh:

I agree, this was complete justification for thieving the guys disc. :wall:

... clearly we don't need any of this out of context quoting, go run for government if you want to play that game

If you hit a person with a disc you apologize; if you don't, you should get off the course - not because you're an inconsiderate golfer, but because you're an inconsiderate human.

I'm not here to play any games yawpstang64, it's very simple, two wrongs don't make a right. He had no justification to take the guy's disc.

What do you think would happen if the OP get's done with his round and there is a sheriff's deputy waiting in the parking lot for him. Do you think he would say "Oh, he hit your dog and didn't apologize, of course you should take his property and leave with it." I don't think so.

Yet another topic that turns on the OP...always entertaining. May we please start a "Should I return this disc?" or "Is this shot better then an ace" thread now?

Dude, you're in the wrong - offer an olive branch to the thrower (i.e.: return the disc). You actually think if you stated your concern and he stated his position, you might both learn something from this? Because being a jerk is going to perpetuate the issue and cause the action to occur to someone else.

I think Kindergarten is enrolling for the upcoming school year.

Holeee Cow.

The OP was pi$$ed because it seems there was no effort at apology or amends. Probably shouldn't have taken the plastic, but, heat of the moment. What if that horrible drive hadn't "barely missed " the wife? What if the situation had resulted in emergency medical treatment for any getting hit?

But let's get the law involved, absolutely. "Sure I brained his dog--I'm a lousy golfer-- but he took my plastic!"

Is there a police district that has a missing plastic department? Because a bunch of crooks have made off with my clearly inked discs that I've lost and I want them investigated and thrown in jail for not returning them.

Please.

Courtesy is demanded here.

I trained Tessa to catch frisbees. Even if I could un-train her it would be cruel to take her along 'cause she'd just stand there quivering every time a disc went airborne. "Can I have that one? That one?"

She looks exactly like that white lab pictured above, only way prettier. ;)

Regardless of it was their fault or mine, apologies have been exchanged and we all wave and chat whenever we see each other around town or at the course. I guess his attitude afterwards like nothing had happened is what set me off.

and the universe keeps turning :)

I trained Tessa to catch frisbees. Even if I could un-train her it would be cruel to take her along 'cause she'd just stand there quivering every time a disc went airborne. "Can I have that one? That one?"

She looks exactly like that white lab pictured above, only way prettier. ;)

Get her her own lid. Make sure she knows that's her disc. You get free practice without having to worry about her chasing your plastic.

My friend overshot his drive right as some lady with her dog came walking around the corner. The disc was going straight for them and somehow the disc went right underneath the dogs body, and through the legs without even touching it. My friend yelled to lookout and they just looked at us all confused and kept walking. They never once saw the disc.