• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Dog Injuries?

good point. he should have yelled it louder. that way, your dog could have heard him yelling "heads" and thought in his dog brain "oh no, there is an errant disc golf drive headed my way, i better take precaution". even if he did yell it loud enough, you couldn't have gotten your dog out of the way because he probably wasn't on a leash.

was he on a leash?

i'm the mike vick of disc golf forums

There is no justification for strong arm robbery. You need to take the guy his disc back and apologize for taking it and hope that he accepts your apology and doesn't get the police involved.

we had a lab who blew his knee out going under a fence at full speed chasing a disc... he wound up as one of the first canine knee (actually cruciate ligament) replacements at virginia tech.

the Yo got hit in the face by a low skipping shot once. I thought he was going to die or at least end up as Blinky the One-Eyed Chihuahua....his eye swelled shut for 2 weeks then he got better. He is very watchful on the course now.

Stealing the guys disc is a pretty lame move.

Maybe you should set up a knife fight in the warehouse next to yours....whatever that means

Attachments

• The Yo.jpg
    The Yo.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 19
Seconded, what was the point of that??

I see your point, but if the dude who threw the disc made no attempt to pick it up then the next group to play the hole would have grabbed it anyways....would that person make an attempt to return the disc? Probably not.

He could have (probably should have) walked over and apologized for throwing a horrible shot without "yelling" fore. It's always better to yell and not hit anyone than to silently watch your disc hit someone who may or may not see it coming.

Neither side wins in this situation. Hopefully Leewaye will man up, make an attempt to return the disc and apologize for trying to stalk his neighbor on the course. At least then he could say he did what he could to fix a bad situation. Disc returned, dog is OK......No Harm = No Foul

dogs don't know what "fore" means. it doesn't matter how loud you yell it. do people really not get that?

Unless the dog owner was standing over this guys disc, with a crowbar in hand, glaring, the thrower is at fault. He deserved to lose the disc.

It doesn't matter what volume he yelled at, or if he yelled at all for that matter.
If you nail someone/somepet with a disc, you apologize.

Simple human decency.

*also you could easily teach a dog to look up for a disc upon hearing "fore," might be harder to teach em to avoid it though :doh:

Hole # 13 at Basil last summer. Tee shot throws uphill and the basket is to the right behind a bunch of trees. There is a walking path that goes across the fairway, so I always take a look to make sure no one is walking by or riding a bike or whatever. I throw my drive, and I look up and out of nowhere this woman comes walking by with her golden retriever. I yell "FORE" as loud as I could but it was too late. I couldn't tell if I hit her or the dog, could've been both. I get to the top of the hill and apologize up and down and make sure her and her dog were all right. she was very understanding and assured me that it was an accident.

My German Shepard Bristow know not to catch or pick up the disc( loves to lick them though ) but a couple of times when one flies right past her nose she has tried to catch it. Usually cuts up her tongue pretty good.

Hole # 13 at Basil last summer. Tee shot throws uphill and the basket is to the right behind a bunch of trees. There is a walking path that goes across the fairway, so I always take a look to make sure no one is walking by or riding a bike or whatever. I throw my drive, and I look up and out of nowhere this woman comes walking by with her golden retriever. I yell "FORE" as loud as I could but it was too late. I couldn't tell if I hit her or the dog, could've been both. I get to the top of the hill and apologize up and down and make sure her and her dog were all right. she was very understanding and assured me that it was an accident.

It really is this easy when humans act like humans. Accidents happen and a simple apology will usually settle this type of minor dispute.

Maybe the guy who hit the OP's dog was afraid to see the damage he caused??? There are plenty of overgrown kids out there. :doh:

This is just insane.

Yes it is. The few times i've been thrown on without a fore or with a fore, for that matter, I usually throw the disc back at the thrower so they can re throw when I'm done putting.

On another note i was playing a hole that is flat out to about 200 feet then starts to descend. I pulled out my boss and chucked it about 4 feet high, when out of nowhere a dog jumps up from the downside of the slope and tries to catch it....bad idea. Best doggy backflip I've ever seen though.

damn bulldog has been thru 2 major surgeries hopefully no more!

ACL repair surgery

and then stomach surgery to take out a parachuting army man she ate

Latest posts