• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Giveaways and Reviews

Hey guys, first off i want to apologize if i put this on the wrong forum and anyone who thinks i am spamming i really dont mean to. I have so much respect and love for this game and its players and i would hate to offend or upset anyone.

Having said that, I have a channel on youtube where i do reviews of discs based on current popular discs and viewer requested discs. I also do disc golf tip videos where i share some knowledge that can help beginners that are just getting into the sport. Lastly i do at least 3 give-aways a month of newly released or popular discs.

If anyone is interested you can find the channel here - http://www.youtube.com/user/GoHamDiscGolf

Thanks for reading this post and again apologize if posting this was in bad taste in anyone's opinion.

Have a great day guys!

this has probably been addressed, but You have been playing for 6 months, what makes you qualified to do reviews?

this has probably been addressed, but You have been playing for 6 months, what makes you qualified to do reviews?

Maybe because tons of people out there have only played 6 months or less . . . he is speaking to those people with his reviews at this point.

If you want to listen to someone with tons of time in the game then find someone doing reviews from that angle.

It is all just information, what people do with it is what matters.

I have not seen them since they are blocked at my work and but it says he is targeting new players?
He is getting great feedback here so he is already leaps and bounds ahead of Expert Village. I was just wondering what made him want to review discs when he was so new himself.

I had the same questions up front but decided I was once new to the game and I was reviewing courses immediately . . .playing almost 100 courses in my first year. I took some heat initially for the way I talked about some courses, undervaluing some and overvaluing others (according to those people of course). I learned from my mistakes and got better at doing it. I didnt want to rain on his parade, I figure anyone willing to put the kind of effort into this that he is, should be given the chance to learn his own methods and technique. So I support his venture and will watch it develop into what he wants, and I did not want to be the perpetual negative person that many DGCR users are. I support everyone until I have a reason to not support them. He is getting better and learning right now, lets see what he can do. (BTW I am by no means accusing you of squashing his idea)

Hey Prerube, I appreciate you posting here and bringing this up as you are one of more respected members of the DGCR community. I started playing seriously and as much as possible in March of this year and I wanted to be honest on my profile.

Ive loved Disc Golf for about 4 years but wasn't able to play with any fervor until this past March. I had a medical condition that restricted upper body movement and made walking for longer than 15 minutes very painful. In November of last year I had major surgery that fixed all my issues and after a long recovery period I was able to actually play. At this point my love of DG and addiction got much stronger.

I have always loved making videos, as amateur as they may be. With my newly found vigor for DG I decided to start making videos about it. I know that I am not the ideal candidate to do disc and equipment reviews but I love doing them anyway. I am not only targeting people who have been playing for a long time. Honestly I would like for my target audience to be newer players or people who have never heard of the sport before.

I consider myself to be a very average player and I never claim to be more than that. I throw drives around 375ft on good days, have a mild case of OAT, and still become mesmerized when a disc seems to stay in the air for an hour and weave its way through trees.

So while I am not the best person to be doing disc and equipment reviews, I love doing them and I am doing them from the perspective of an average player. These videos have also helped me clean up my own game, which alone makes them worth doing. Also, I love constructive criticism. Many of the people that consistently watch my videos have corrected any mistakes Ive made, given me tips, and suggested ways I can improve my videos or personal game.

So again, thank you for bringing this up as I have not actually taken the time to explain any of this before now. If you have any questions just ask :)

TL:DR version -

Loved the game a long time, played for real since March, love DG and making videos

I'm loving the channel and have enjoyed watching it grow, Big John. I also like the fade in/fade out thing you have incorporated with the extra camera. Keep up the good work and keep the content coming :)

Awesome! Thanks go ham! I'm very honored to have my art posted...now if only I could change my name on here....lol Wood pecker is pre disc lexia

Latest posts