• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf: A good hike ruined?

Nice and entertaining article! I really did enjoy it. I just wish he would have taken my signature and made it is title instead. ;)

Lol, a contraption that looks like a yellow hat rack wrapped with a Mr. T necklace, thats an interesting description of a basket

An entertaining read.

The one course I played on a ski slope was fabulous and this course sounds amazing too. Has anyone else noticed this, or enjoy the ski-slope courses?

That article came out last year when there was a 27 hole course and a 9 hole rec course. I was only able to link together 27 holes a couple of weeks before the Snowmassive Open in June. A lot of the acres that were used for the disc golf courses still had snow or was too muddy. After a successful PDGA B-tier, the town of Snowmass Village wanted to keep the "tournament" course intact for the rest of the summer. With the 9 remaining baskets, I made a short rec course down by the Village Mall to attract new players to the sport.

That article made me nostalgic for crushing noobs, ahhh, memories.

That was probably a misprint. Probably was 400 feet, but the writer was thinking "golf" therefore "yards."

Ha, I'm surprised I missed this article last year. I live in Edwards which is right down the highway from Vail, plus my girlfriend worked at the Vail Daily at that time.

Anyways, I've yet to play the Snowmass courses but Adventure Ridge at Vail and Beaver Creek Resort are both ski resort, mountain style courses and both do not disappoint when it comes to massive elevation changes and hole variety.

Plus, at 10,000 feet up your discs don't work quite the same as they do down where most of you throw. Just adds to the challenge.

That Snowmass tourney is one that I have on my list for sure. Looks very cool

Latest posts