• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc golf ace world record

Because he wrote his name on the basket with a sharpie.
Actually it was in an event, just not a PDGA sanctioned event. Had a bunch of witnesses and was featured on the Millennium site for a long time because the dude hit it with a Polaris LS. It was about as well documented as it could be, even without basket sharpie. :p

I think Barsby had a roller ace in a tournament once on a par 4.

18 Blue and Diamond X is a really fun hole. Just played it last Saturday. An ace on it is kinda silly since the drop in elevation is 189'. Discs will generally go through a few different wind channels on the way down. Gotta get really lucky to have it stick. Saw a pole hit in a tourney and know a guy verified to have hit the band during a local bag tag round, but Brent B's is the only one I've ever heard of that got it home.

I was lucky enough to play Diamond X and Solitude this summer. Those courses give new meaning to the term "downhill bomber". The elevation changes are ridiculous.

That would be at Dela. I believe that's hole 3? I don't play there, just remembering from tournament footage. It's a par three, though.

I thought someone hit one in Northern WI a few years back that was around 1000'

That would be at Dela. I believe that's hole 3? I don't play there, just remembering from tournament footage. It's a par three, though.

This is correct. Everything at DeLa is par 3, even the couple of holes that should be legit 4's. Hole 3 isn't one of them though. I can't remember which #(12-16 I think) it is, but the one that comes to mind that should be a 4 is open about 350-400' to a tree line then a 90degree left turn through the trees into a basket guarded by about a dozen trees another 250-300' away.

Big Sky State Games was a sanctioned event this year. I was one of perhaps five or six people that witnessed Bell's ace. I am not a friend, just was one of three people he was matched with for the round. Cheers

This is correct. Everything at DeLa is par 3, even the couple of holes that should be legit 4's. Hole 3 isn't one of them though. I can't remember which #(12-16 I think) it is, but the one that comes to mind that should be a 4 is open about 350-400' to a tree line then a 90degree left turn through the trees into a basket guarded by about a dozen trees another 250-300' away.

For the layout used for the 31st Annual "Steady" Ed Memorial Masters Cup - Presented by DGA (Pro), there were no holes that were legit par 4s for Open players.

The toughest hole (550 foot #13) still had 62.4% of 1000-rated players getting 3s or better. The others had 3/4ths or more of 1000-rated players getting 3s or better.

In fact, the only hole that was arguably not par 3 was the 225 foot #17 which showed evidence of being a par 2, with 57.8% of 1000-rated players getting a 2. But, a statistical fluctuation might have been what pushed it over the edge, so I won't be sharpie-ing over the tee sign.

I thought Barsby aced hole 4 at DeLa. Forehand roller.

Notroman is correct. Hole 4, Pretty sure it's just short of 400 ft (398 if memory is working). And as with every hole at DeLa is a par 3.

Latest posts