• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Distance Driving from Altitude

I am going to say, "Now I gotta go get the damn thing" when my drives/shots dont go as planned! :D

[Rant]You know what would be cool? If people would watch their mouths when making videos. You can speak without using foul language.[/Rant]

I've always wanted to see the flight shape of a disc thrown from a VERY high platform...say, a hot air ballon. What would the steady state flight look like? Like, after the fade, does the disc stay vertical and fall to the ground, or does it pick up speed and turn back horizontal-ish, and start a big spiraling turn?

depends on the stability of the disc. I would never throw something like a firebird b/c its just going to drop eventually (sooner than later) while a disc like a lid could carry for a long, long, long time while slowly drifting off a line.

One of my longest and best throws ever was with a opto fuse down a 800' ski hill that just kept flying straight.

Sky, if that little bit of language bothered you, don't ever cross the Mason-Dixon line :eek:.

It's more my kids I'm concerned about. I feel like I can't watch any disc golf video when they are around. And work too. I've had to apologize for the language on disc golf videos more than once.

volume_knob_1600x1200.jpg

you would be amazed by it's power.

You probably shouldn't watching this ******* movie then.

I love his "what do you want me to say in my awesome announcer voice " at the end of the trailers..

Funny trailer, Streets. I've heard that's a good movie. And it also happens to have the most F-bombs of any movie...ever. :thmbup: :| :rolleyes:

[Rant]You know what would be cool? If people would watch their mouths when making videos. You can speak without using foul language.[/Rant]

That's what makes the video so funny!!

A wise man....well, some dude, anyway....once told me: "Profanity is the strongest way to express the weakest mind."

A quotable quote, for sure. But f*@! that guy....he wouldn't help me find my disc.