• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf driving range

Would you use a paid driving range?

• Yes

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 89 61.8%
  • Maybe, depends on execution

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters
Would you pay to use a disc golf driving range?

Imagine a plot of land identical to a traditional driving range, about 200' wide and 600' long, with teepads every 20'. You pay $X at the pro shop for a stack of discs. The range is covered by a retractable net that will collect the discs at the end of the day, so no retrieving your own discs.

Benefits: Ranges clearly marked, no retrieving discs, nice teepads for field work.
Problems: Not using own discs, limited mold selection

What do you think? Post your ideas for making it work or reasons this is a terrible idea.
I would if the Stack of Discs can be your choice like say there's a tablet for the amount of drivers and you can either select 1 of each driver from different companies or of the same company. it can go from putter to midrange. Putters on bottom, midrange on second floor, fairway on third, and disctance on fourth.

Nice necrobump!
I would if the Stack of Discs can be your choice like say there's a tablet for the amount of drivers and you can either select 1 of each driver from different companies or of the same company. it can go from putter to midrange. Putters on bottom, midrange on second floor, fairway on third, and disctance on fourth.
Basically, this is the only reason I'd pay for a dg driving range... (i e. if I could try a variety of molds/plastics without having to purchase them).

Not that hard for most folks to to find a field that's large/open enough for field work, (particularly for noodle arms ☺️).

Paying to use a driving range makes way moar sense for golfers because they hit the ball much further and can easily go through buckets of balls.

Last edited:
When this really becomes interesting is in colder environments. We have an indoor driving range for golfers. I've wondered if they could reserve some time in an existing facility like this, so to the question, maybe there's a way for an all-season, multi-use space.

Honestly, I'd want to work with my own bag and retrieve my own. For something like this to work you would have to have netted alleys to throw in, and they would need to be pretty wide. Seems like too much space to tent for so few people throwing.

When this really becomes interesting is in colder environments. We have an indoor driving range for golfers. I've wondered if they could reserve some time in an existing facility like this, so to the question, maybe there's a way for an all-season, multi-use space.

Honestly, I'd want to work with my own bag and retrieve my own. For something like this to work you would have to have netted alleys to throw in, and they would need to be pretty wide. Seems like too much space to tent for so few people throwing.
Let everyone throw in the same alley and retrieve discs at their own risk.

THUNDERDOME