• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottWight

As a player for a long time (PDGA#15010) I've been around the sport for long enough to know that sometimes folks don't know etiquette. That's not such a big deal for me, because, as an ambassador of our sport, I like to educate the newer players on the finer points of the game. (ie etiquette) For the first time ever, I ran across someone who should know better who acted a fool on the course.

Dixon Jowers, from what I understand, is pretty well respected. This past Wednesday, June 29th, A group of 4 of us were playing Windwood Presbyterian Church in Houston. We were teeing off on hole #20, when we saw some discs flying at our basket from the wrong direction. It's a short hole, 237 ft., so it was a bit disconcerting to see discs flying in. A short scan of the area revealed this guy standing in the middle of a football field a short distance away throwing on the hole. We waved to him to make him aware we were playing the hole, but he kept on throwing. We all teed off and moved up the fairway while Dixon continued to throw. He threw probably 20 discs at our basket and walked up to the green as we did. No apologies were given for the complete lack of respect for the players on the course, and no respect was returned for the utter lack of etiquette.

Boo Mr. Jowers, I hope I get a chance to return the favor to you some time...

I'm not sure if anonymously bashing someone will receive positive play here. That being said, I find "pros" to be the most inconsiderate jerks when it comes to disc golf. I find their elitist attitude towards "reckers" (ie anyone not them) distasteful to say the least.

Boo Mr. Jowers, I hope I get a chance to return the favor to you some time...

So, you want to call someone out online for being an ******* but would do the same thing right back to him?

Classy.

:thmbdown:

I see this is your first post here, hopefully it's your last.

As my name is my username, its hardly an anonymous post, but I get your point. I just think if the roles were reversed, there would have been quite a scene.

Not my style to point out to him what he knew quite well... probably should have though.

Get real, dude. Don't come onto a public forum and call someone out by name. He didn't hit you or anything. Put your big-boy panties on and get over it. Next time, just talk to him, instead of flaming him on the internet - that will never fix the problem.

Get real, dude. Don't come onto a public forum and call someone out by name. He didn't hit you or anything. Put your big-boy panties on and get over it. Next time, just talk to him, instead of flaming him on the internet - that will never fix the problem.

2nd this emotion.

I guess I'm not afraid to put my name on it, so whatever??? Anything to say about the point? Etiquette?

I guess I'm not afraid to put my name on it, so whatever??? Anything to say about the point? Etiquette?

How about general human etiquette? You're trying to bring down someone who you say is "well-respected," and he didn't even do anything wrong. It didn't interfere with your hole but by, what? a minute? He wasn't throwing at the hole while you were putting. He was practicing - get over it.

Wow...surprised to see the OP bashed so thoroughly for posting an example of poor etiquette. Odd for me to see that some of you are obviously fine with someone throwing on a hole you're currently playing. Common courtesy applies on and off the course. A simple apology / acknowledgement of fault would have probably gone a long way in this example.

How about general human etiquette? You're trying to bring down someone who you say is "well-respected," and he didn't even do anything wrong. It didn't interfere with your hole but by, what? a minute? He wasn't throwing at the hole while you were putting. He was practicing - get over it.

It was clearly a violation of DISC GOLF ETIQUETTE. He can practice a hole when someone's not playing it. End of story.

Thats alright, I can't expect everyone to respect other people's right to play...

Wow...surprised to see the OP bashed so thoroughly for posting an example of poor etiquette. Odd for me to see that some of you are obviously fine with someone throwing on a hole you're currently playing. Common courtesy applies on and off the course. A simple apology / acknowledgement of fault would have probably gone a long way in this example.

Thanks, that's the point right there...

It was clearly a violation of DISC GOLF ETIQUETTE. He can practice a hole when someone's not playing it. End of story.

Thats alright, I can't expect everyone to respect other people's right to play...

It didn't interfere with your round or hole. What's the big deal? Yeah, against etiquette, maybe it is, but it's such a small thing to get all butt hurt over. It really sounds like you're saying "my time is too precious to have 30 seconds of it wasted by a dude practicing. Now, I must go online and destroy him!"

I guess I might have pointed out that the guy is a sponsored pro... not that it matters much. The only reason I put his name on the post anyway.

HAHAHAHA I wouldnt call the guy out by name on the site, but that is really rude! I had that happen to my friend and I a few weeks back at vetrans park. 4 guys were practicing on #18 we waived them down but they didnt move so we drove into them! 3 guys stopped and waited for us to play through but 1 guy continued to throw disc while we both are getting ready to putt, I was so angry I just told the guy thank god one of your disc's didnt hit me..........but really guys " all who replied" would you guys ever do this ? I bet not so I can see why he posted it , but I wouldnt call the guy out on site if it bothered you that much you should of just told him!

I'm shocked he's getting bashed like this !!! The guy should of stopped and let the guys who are actually playing the course play through!

I'm shocked he's getting bashed like this !!! The guy should of stopped and let the guys who are actually playing the course play through!

I don't think Dixon did anything wrong. The OP is just getting his panties in a bunch over nothing. You people are too sensitive...

Status
Not open for further replies.