• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in a Dress - PDGA Rule Change

Yes.

I can't remember what the issue was, but it didn't deal with the skirt. It had to do with the top portion of the outfit. I honestly don't remember.

Quite certain it had to do with the shoulder area. The dress has essentially a tank top appearance (above the waist), which was specifically disallowed by the old dress code.

Skirts have never been disallowed nor have they been specifically allowed either. In general, that which is not specifically disallowed is acceptable. I mean, there's no mention of hats anywhere in the dress code, but players aren't disallowed from wearing them.

Ms. Finley/Finale

I turned off my Facebook well over a year ago so your "blocking" fears should be put to rest. Unless you think I would intentionally turned it off just to block you.

"Freedom to dress more feminine and freely?" is this seriously what your argument was based on? Did the board consider a change to the sport based on the availability of feminine attire to its athletes? Was there an issue with not looking feminine enough on the course? I'm curious because I don't think I've heard much about this from other female disc golfers. But perhaps you're a voice for the voiceless. Of course, this wasn't my intent here.

I appreciate your attempts to coat this in a veil of repression but let's be honest, this had nothing to do with the restrictive nature of the clothes available to women and if it was, then why is a Tennis Skirt the answer? Wouldn't volleyball shorts or a bikini be more "freeing" and "less restrictive" to the players? There's a fine line which was blurred to meet the need of the repressed.

And don't get me wrong; I don't mind the change and I stated that in my initial response to your post. The rule was outdated and probably needed adjusting, so why are you bent out of shape? I was asking what the purpose of the dress code is and if this change meets the need to that end. Your answer, while very personal to you, does not address that.

It apparently meets the need of your ailment; syncope, which, by the way, means nothing more than "prone to fainting." And for someone who suffers from this malady, you certainly spend your time poorly if you have it. "Ten hours a day outside practicing." Is that really wise for someone who passes out easily due to lack of proper blood flow to the brain? Should you be engaged in a sport that requires you to spend hours outside in extreme heat?

And if the clothing change is necessary to keep you from passing out, when did you pass out on the tour last year from the restrictive clothes? From the stats you produced it doesnt seem that your clothes or ailment hindered you at all. You played almost thirty events, won a great deal of them and didn't have to drop out of a single event. So the clothes didn't seem to restrict you according to your stats.

I don't think I've heard of any female disc golfer say, "You know, I feel like I could have played better if it wasn't for these constrictive and punishing clothes."

And, as the point was made by someone else, what does this mean for the dress code for everyone? If we changed the rule to meet your medical need then why not allow carts for the diabetic players? If it was done to allow more freedom of movement then why require shirts for men? The rule change seems hasty and without conversation. I was asking for the conversation about that after the fact, and you responded as if I was personally attacking you. Odd because I didn't mention you at all.

Not sure if all Diabetics would need a cart, but I know a few who do. Hence the suggestion.

My original post to this thread asked for the purpose of the dress code. I didn't make it personal. I didn't even mention the author by name until she directed her comments at me.

And I've heard this fluff from her before. I think she retired from disc golf from all the negative comments she was taking in the past. And from what I gather from looking at her collection of replies on this site, she's famous for feeling violated by people and "choosing not to continue conversations further." Which means nothing really.

As far as being that guy who complains. Sure. Why not? Someone has to ask questions.

I just can't believe someone would get this twisted over a rules change that hurts literally no one.
You can all go back to flirting with Holly now. I will step back from this and let you flourish.
Agreeing with Holly doesn't equate to flirting. Are you flirting when you agree with other men on the internet?

Agreeing with Holly doesn't equate to flirting. Are you flirting when you agree with other men on the internet?[/QUOTE]

No... You're right. I stand corrected.

"Freedom to dress more feminine and freely?" is this seriously what your argument was based on? Did the board consider a change to the sport based on the availability of feminine attire to its athletes? Was there an issue with not looking feminine enough on the course? I'm curious because I don't think I've heard much about this from other female disc golfers. But perhaps you're a voice for the voiceless. Of course, this wasn't my intent here.

I appreciate your attempts to coat this in a veil of repression but let's be honest, this had nothing to do with the restrictive nature of the clothes available to women and if it was, then why is a Tennis Skirt the answer? Wouldn't volleyball shorts or a bikini be more "freeing" and "less restrictive" to the players? There's a fine line which was blurred to meet the need of the repressed.

I think the argument was probably more along the lines of "My tennis outfit is far more professional than their nascar dri-fits.

On a different note, I think a beautiful woman in a tennis skirt is worth 20 McBeth's (no offense to the man...dude can chuck) in terms of marketing. Keep on keepin' on Holly.

I don't disagree with you but who are you going to watch play? Holly or Me? Sure you will watch Holly but will you watch her play? Also how many current DG girls will rock a 1 piece tennis skirt? 1 and thats holly.

I don't disagree with you but who are you going to watch play? Holly or Me? Sure you will watch Holly but will you watch her play? Also how many current DG girls will rock a 1 piece tennis skirt? 1 and thats holly.

Personally, I'd watch Paul over myself any day of the week.

Paul, I've watched you play for 2 years now and you make magic. The end.

It's a 1 piece dress, not a skirt.

I hope I see more ladies wearing them in the future.

Also how many current DG girls will rock a 1 piece tennis skirt? 1 and thats holly.

Holly,
I think you have a new mission for the year. Get all the girls rocking the tennis outfits!

And if you wear something that is more professional than other touring pros, but which is not yet legal to wear, I'd support you having the rule changed also. I'd also be upset if someone stroked you for it, and I'd probably say something about a plot against you. Even if you're the only person that would ever wear one.

maybe you should be a tad more modest and rock the pantsuit, holly

1960s-fashion-bell-bottoms-2.jpg

Someone needs to rock a MooMoo....

Paul...Holly? Any takers? Surely it would be the new trend.

Why can't I watch both of you?

I'm a hardcore DG type person, though. I've got a funny feeling the very casual fan (which is what you need to attract to make DG more "mainstream") might prefer to see the girl in the 1 piece dress (not skirt :D).

Hate to see somebody leave disappointed during the Holiday season. :D

:hfive:

Loomis, I am a type 1 diabetic and completely confused as to why you think I need a cart.

also type 1 diabetic, don't quite understand the cart comment myself

Maybe if he had said "maybe we should allow 15 minute breaks in tournaments to allow type 1 diabetics to get their blood sugars to a correct level during a round"

but that would be dumb and completely effect everyone else, tennis dresses don't compare to that

Last edited:
What would YOU change to attract viewers Loomis? (I'm generally curious)

So then by changing this dress code we have sexualized the sport to attract viewers. That's a healthy approach

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if attracting more fans to the sport is a legitimate goal, I think you take whatever avenue you can to get people past the "hippies smoking dope in the park while throwing frisbees" stereotype.

Latest posts