• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf in a movie

TimSyl

Eagle Member
Maybe someone has mentioned this previously and I didn't see it. Was watching a crappy Hallmark Movie Channel movie yesterday with the wife (she does get the remote sometimes)...movie was called "Cloudy with a Chance of Love" and was made in 2014. It was about a woman in the meteorological program at Pacific University. She was also a weekend weather girl on TV. (Yep, told you it was crappy). However, in the middle of the movie she took her love interest to a fundraising Disc Golf Tournament. She showed him briefly how to snap. The guy tried a couple putts on a portable basket and airmailed them. It was probably five minutes or so of screen time referencing disc golf.

Looks like a GREAT movie!

They really needed to show her parking one to give the "she's better than he is" vibe!

The problem is at 45:35 (yeah I kept watching) the guy flipping burgers is just flipping raw burgers over. Can't wait to watch the rest!

Am I the only one looking at this video, wondering why its looks like I am wearing some old school 3d glasses....

My wife already knows i'd scratch my eyes out before I sat down and watched a Hallmark movie. I'd also have to jab my eardrums out with a stick if I had to listen to the background music, too. So wholesome!
Props for throwing DG in there, though!

The piece de resistance of TV movies featuring disc golf as a subplot is the 2001 TV movie Hitched. There will be no greater use of disc golf in film. Ever.

from Hitched summary...Police detective in charge Cary Grant, who plans to retire and become a professional Frisbee golfer, has an eye on Eve. THAT is funny.

My favorite line from "Hitched"--

"I'm playing at a grandmaster level."

Now there's a launch into a pro career!

I love that they are still in their business suits playing Disc Golf. When is the last time I saw someone dressed like that on the DG course? Like, never?

ever been to a fundraiser for a children's museum that gives a 2 disc player pack? if so, you go try a couple putts, leave the discs there, walk away and go about your business.

I just checked out the clip - no doubt in my mind that the sport is really going to take off now.
The NFL was a small time operation before the Hallmark Channel aired "The Tom Brady Story"

I love that they are still in their business suits playing Disc Golf. When is the last time I saw someone dressed like that on the DG course? Like, never?

I kid you not, ONCE I have seen this... it was at Brandy Lake Park in Woodruff WI there was a mid 40's dude in his dress shirt and pants, tucked in throwing with a starter Innova bag. His partner was wearing casual clothing.

In regards to this movie, I started it about a minute early before the DG scene, and WOW I don't know how I didn't kill myself watching that, but any exposure of the sport is good......................right?

I kid you not, ONCE I have seen this... it was at Brandy Lake Park in Woodruff WI there was a mid 40's dude in his dress shirt and pants, tucked in throwing with a starter Innova bag. His partner was wearing casual clothing.

In regards to this movie, I started it about a minute early before the DG scene, and WOW I don't know how I didn't kill myself watching that, but any exposure of the sport is good......................right?

LOL. I guess if you are have a job that requires that type of dress and you are trying to fit a game in at lunch or something. I sure hope DG never goes mainstream if I'd have to wear that. Don't even think I could drive 75% as far as I do now with those clothes on.

If the previous "MY LIFE!!" poster really has to do that often I feel really bad for you.

Latest posts