• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

Fresh jalapeños or chipotle's are much better.

The short pads at 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15 and even 16 are all fairly beginner friendly. The others are all debatable depending on age and ability, but only 7 and 17 really are painful for a beginner.

While HILARIOUS, your reply shows that you don't get it. I'll explain it to you over a Shiner sometime!

HILARIOUS! Love that someone that hasn't played the course, is telling one of the best course designers " you don't get it."

Rob, I'm glad you enjoyed my post.

But just know that, in my experience, Rodney actually does "get it" almost every time. And we've been friends long enough that we can tease each other in public. Once we put our heads together at that Shiner Summit (only one drink for me), we'll let the world know what we decide. (And then I'll probably have to go looking for some kid-friendly tees...)

Thanks,
John

Oooo, yeah, I should have put a 'ha ha' or something after that seemingly egregious and blasphemous remark. John obviously "gets it" -- I'm probably just tilting at windmills, and he's sure to set me straight -- and I'm sure neither one of us wants to take on that task in this forum.

? I don't get it.

Maybe you do and you just don't know it -- sort-of an unknown known. As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns; that is to say, there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know.

That sounds like someone who attended The Forum?

How did reading this forum turn out to be like attending The Forum?

I think Rodney has hacked my computer; my new article, about to go to press, says "I hope I remembered to include everything I had forgotten that I knew. "

Very cool to see some data from the course (albeit doubles data). Was -19 about the expected score for a pros team playing from the whites? Looks like a 6-7 stroke difference between blues and whites....is that typical?

6-7 should be. But I thought the shorts were reds. The par threes played right but I think the par 4s and 5s played a bit tougher since once you get past the first landing area off the tee the hole plays the same whether its long or shorts.
I kinda felt that if you are shooting true course par to what color it is then you'd be shooting a round that ends up rated to that skill. Reds 850 for par, white 900 for par, blue 950 and gold 1000. The longs were very close to par /rating while the reds played between 850-900.

Basket changes

New basket locations:

Hole 5. I think moving the basket to the right helped make the right side route a favorable option. Good move!

Hole 17. Why was the basket moved to the right? At least from the short tee the approach is now really funky and extremely hard to hit. I would love to hear the rationale for this change.

Not sure if this is to whom Mark is referring, but you guys there in Pittsboro are damned fortunate that the City has hired Jon Owens to help finish your course there. Jon comes to you with years of experience of working at Cedarock Park, being the only employee there who gave a tinker's damn about the courses there. He also most recently helped out in a BIG way in the pouring of the pads at the new Springwood Players' Course. Welcome him and keep up your good volunteer efforts!

Yeah, I'm guessing you've pulled a 180 on this statement by now. :popcorn:

Things not going so well at Rock Ridge? That'd be a bummer, I was hoping to get out there for the first time very soon.

Latest posts