• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves

The tournament player who didn't practice the course, hasn't looked at the caddie book, and who asks the group on every single hole what the rules are on this hole, where's the basket, how far is it, what's a good line, and so on. (Edit: Or literally asks me what they should throw.)

Dishonorable mention: the tournament player who thinks "the benefit of the doubt" means that any time they misunderstand the rules for a particular situation and are arguing for something they clearly don't deserve, the fact that other players are arguing with them means there is "doubt" and we should all just give in to what they want.

I love the days I get to play a round with a big group of friends!

I would absolutely hate playing a round with more than 5 on a card. It destroys pace of play, and I find it hard to enjoy my round as things back up, and we constantly have to let others play through.

I'm much happier splitting big groups into cards of 3-5, then sitting around exchanging stories and laughing about what happened on each card afterward. Good story telling is an art form, and for entertainment purposes, hearing others tell it is often better than having witnessed it.

Ru4 is great story teller.

Last edited:
The tournament player who didn't practice the course, hasn't looked at the caddie book, and who asks the group on every single hole what the rules are on this hole, where's the basket, how far is it, what's a good line, and so on. (Edit: Or literally asks me what they should throw.)

Dishonorable mention: the tournament player who thinks "the benefit of the doubt" means that any time they misunderstand the rules for a particular situation and are arguing for something they clearly don't deserve, the fact that other players are arguing with them means there is "doubt" and we should all just give in to what they want.

I think most experienced players are fine making sure inexperienced players are aware of the rules, etc... but this would suck out loud.

The card mate that is a tag along of another friend that can't count!

It's amazing how the the guy who is never in the fairway and two and three putts everything manages to score better than everybody else!

It's amazing how the the guy who is never in the fairway and two and three putts everything manages to score better than everybody else!

But it's nice to forget lousy shots... ;)

And not only 'tag alongs'. I play infrequently with this one guy who doesn't seem to be able to count above 4. Seriously. We played doubles and twice he said we got a 4. No, we took a 5. I had to go through every throw we took and when he realized it was actually a 5 (or that we weren't going to let him get away with a 4), he pouted and wouldn't talk to us. After the second time, he wouldn't even try to throw decently.

I would absolutely hate playing a round with more than 5 on a card. It destroys pace of play, and I find it hard to enjoy my round as things back up, and we constantly have to let others play through.

I'm much happier splitting big groups into cards of 3-5, then sitting around exchanging stories and laughing about what happened on each card afterward.

anything more than 5 should be doubles IMO. even if a group of 6-8 is really aware of what's going on and is courteous to all other groups and lets them play through when appropriate, simply by being on the course they're messing with the "flow"

I'm much happier splitting big groups into cards of 3-5, then sitting around exchanging stories and laughing about what happened on each card afterward. Good story telling is an art form, and for entertainment purposes, hearing others tell it is often better than having witnessed it.

Ru4 is great story teller.

As a casual round, I like a big group of friends. We like to do a 9am meetup somewhere and just play. We are normally the first people there and not really in anyones way.
I actually normally play decent because I'm busy being social and not hyper-focusing on form and getting in my head.

In league context tho, 5 would be the absolute MAX. I hate it when league takes 3 hours to play :thmbdown: That I FULLY agree!

My pet peeves:
The group that waits until the group in front of them has completely finished a 600'+ hole when the max distance of the group is 300'.

The guys that takes multiple discs up to the tee pad on every hole and goes back and forth over which one to throw only to shank his shot anyways.

The guy that always posts about his epic "course record" practice rounds but never seems to replicate it in competition.

Me missing 15' tap ins to take a bogey

Courses that charge a fee to play but still have the original baskets from 2000

When playing doubles, waiting 45 minutes after we're finished for the group of six to come in.

Yeah, a couple weeks ago we did our dubs league and only had 7 show up because the weather was trash so we did one monster card of 3 pairs and a Cali.....even playing the super easy tees it was obnoxiously slow.

Sometimes an obstinate Parks & Rec employee is mowing all the fairways, though :|

Got to teachthem to cut the holes backwards...
Played a course a couple of years ago and I caught up to the guy on tractor at hole 2. Waited for him to move on...

Waited on 3...

Waited on 4...

Waited on 5....

6 through 10 was in the woods, no grass cutting needed....

Waited on 11...short wait.

Waited on 12...

13 through 15 in the woods again...

Didn't have to wait on 16...

Short wait on 17...

Waited on 18...

Usually the round would take about an hour, depending on throws in the prarie grass or off trees in the woods.
This took me almost 2.

The course...

UW Parkside

Probably a tenured employee...

Street Team Guy

I had to quote this just to tell you how much I love this - and dislike those guys...

Practice putting on a practice basket with other people.
> Really? You're going to stand directly across from me? Take 3 steps to either side...
> Really, you're going to "practice" 50'ers when the rest of us are inside 25'?
> Really? You're going to make excuses for missing practice putts? This is why we practice...
* I would rather just wander off to another hole and practice on a solo basket.

Large groups (mob golf) on popular courses during peak hours.
> Just find a less populated course or split into smaller groups....

AS TD
People that withdraw 48 hours before the event.
People that sign up for one division, then switch it multiple times
People that complain about JRs/women taking "too long"
Really, people that complain in general
When I'm a dumbass and think I can run and play an (unsanctioned) event then getting upset with myself because of poor play because I did not have a chance to warm up and practice putt.

I'm probably a jerk for these...
> The folks that have obviously put more thought and effort into their outfit, bag flare, and cart accessories than their game/stroke/knowledge of the rules...
> The "special disc" guys - everything is tour series or some weird, special run that they think makes their discs fly different than my stock stamp of the same mold.
> 30 seconds... is a long freaking time when someone on your card takes all 30 (or more) on EVERY shot!
> People that quote pros and try to apply their advice to their game. Your rated 900, not 1060 like PM, RW, etc. You can't throw that shot and don't have the arm for those discs. Just accept it...

- Mob golf
- People that play casual doubles on a busy course. It just takes longer.
- People that let you play through but don't physically move off the teepad until you ask them and then stand like 2 feet from the tee pad.
- People that throw 350 max, so they throw at you as you are putting a 400 foot hole.

Latest posts