• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pro Tour

Kinda makes sense to spread it around it some. The BHMO wont be a tour stop next year so having one of these in the area would be nice for us.

What's up with the Jonesboro Open? Is that an existing event? I've never heard of anything big happening down there tournament-wise.

sustainable schedule?
I thought the pitch way back in the beginning was a 10 events in 10 weeks thing to string the events together. There is seven weeks off in April/May in this schedule. Seems weird.

They described it has two legs of the tour this year.....with Utah Open all by itself.

I thought the pitch way back in the beginning was a 10 events in 10 weeks thing to string the events together. There is seven weeks off in April/May in this schedule. Seems weird.

Yes.....though I think the concept is events every other weekend, not every weekend, to give ample travel/practice/minor event time.

What's up with the Jonesboro Open? Is that an existing event? I've never heard of anything big happening down there tournament-wise.

Nope, I'm from around there and had to ask some people about it. Via a friend from Facebook:
There isn't much to know. As of now, there will be an Am side and the Pro Tour side. The Pro Tour will play all 4 rounds on the big course. The Am side will play 3 rounds. One on the small course and both of the Criaghead Forrest courses. Ams will play Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Pros will play one round Thursday-Sunday.

I guess there has been a change of plans then.

I couldn't say, I don't pay close enough attention to the tours. But I saw the every-other-week is their public announcement about 2017.

Of course, it could just be making the best of a situation. Like the PDGA, they can't exactly place events when and where they want them; the tours are dependent on locals, who have their own schedules and issues.

Not to mention, the other events they have to schedule around.

It's getting real - real quick
Biggest box of :popcorn: I can find..

"In good conscience, knowing that the goals of the DGPT are to build a professional Pro Tour throughout North America, we cannot continue to pretend to work together with the PDGA," Dodge said. "The PDGA has consistently failed to communicate, put roadblocks in our way, refused to have discussions, and has suspended Pro Tour players without consulting the Pro Tour or the players."

How long until my "PDGA" discs sell higher at auction as a collectible?

And McBeth travelled to the tourney to play "practice rounds" so people could watch him.

Look at that, he's ready to go!

Plus the whole reason for a $10,000 prize is so people watch. Ricky/McBeth showdown is a great setup for a finale here.

Without McBeth there's a good chance it's just a boring unwatched giveaway of 10 grand plus 2 grand for 2nd-4th of DG money that's not easy to come by.