• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Resolutions for 2013

badfinger

I couldn't find a similar thread here, so I thought I might start one. I for one plan on practicing putting much more than I have in the past and to get to know new players in the Ft. Collins, Colorado area as my family and I are moving there in the spring.

I also am hoping to lose a few molds from my bag, as I feel that there I have a few too many but need to find what I really like to throw first.

What DG resolutions do you plan to make?

I will keep on building up my physical strength and losing weight and will bicycle even more now that i have a better bike. All of those things help in having a clearer head from not being so tired (the last weekly was the lightest ever for me) but i am still not recovered enough from work when i played and had my hips twist hyzer unintentionally a few times. Grr.

I lost almost 15 lbs last year and even with the knowledge of diet and how to eat less and getting into better shape to cross train more also thanks to my ankle getting better and better after surgery i probably don't have enough fat and time and shape to repeat drop 15 lbs which would put me into normal BMI range. I will keep on track with better habits and see how low i can go without dropping the eating and drinking vices first and will decide how i proceed from there. At this point it is nice to have clear results in losing weight while not depriving my sweet tooth and going tee total.

Practice more away from the course, so I can at least make an effort to return to the level I was playing at back in 2010. Overall just need more disc time to regain consistency over 4 rounds of competition.

I want to have two courses in the ground by the end of the year within Erie county.

Everything else is gravy.

badfinger said:
I also am hoping to lose a few molds from my bag, as I feel that there I have a few too many but need to find what I really like to throw first.

This is mine. I am new, but feel like I am depending on individual disc characteristics too much instead of learning how to make shots. I throw 4 different discs on my first 5 tee shots. 5 in my first 7.

1. Stay healthy
2. Stay healthy
3. Stay healthy
4. Improve BH distance and consistency (goal is 350')
5. Throw FH without injury
6. Start playing doubles and tournaments again
7. Play at least one new course out of Iron Hill, Tyler SP, Pinchot SP, and Scarboro Hills

1. improve the mental game
2. practice more than last year, which most likely means less rounds
3. travel and play some new courses

1. Try to keep my bag the same for longer than 3 months.
2. Keep the wizard in my bag through thick and thin.
3. Get my level of play back up to where it was two years ago.
4. Provided number 3 works, move back up to the Open division.

More time around the basket and more rounds at bud hill so I have a better shot at winning the big local tourneys.

More aces... fuck laying up

To host the 13th DNC.
Deaf National Championship
To collect donations of plastic and merch to..
To introduce dg to dozens more Deaf people.

To get out and play at least once a month.

To try out every DGA disc and their plastic.

To play at least 1 round with Trotter.

Monocacy said:
1. Stay healthy
2. Stay healthy
3. Stay healthy
4. Improve BH distance and consistency (goal is 350')
5. Throw FH without injury
6. Start playing doubles and tournaments again
7. Play at least one new course out of Iron Hill, Tyler SP, Pinchot SP, and Scarboro Hills

1-3 done!
4. Distance breakthrough towards the end of the year - hitting 350' occasionally
5. Still not driving FH, but throwing putters and mids FH without problems
6. Done
7. Played Scarboro, a couple of courses in Oregon, and Zobel Park in Wisconsin

A pretty successful year, all considered