• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfer's 1st Car...

mthill

Hey y'all, I just got my 1st car (at age 20, i'ma late bloomer) and have a burdening question on my mind. Now, i've been discin for about 6 years so I am not a beginner, so sorry if this sounds nooby.

Can I keep my discs in the trunk of my car without having them warp from heat etc.? I have a Innova DisCarrier fully stocked and want to have efficient access to them but am scared to death i'll ruin my sacred plastic. Let me know if i'm just trippin' out too hard.

If they're in the bag you should be fine unless they're really crammed in there with stuff pressing against the flight plates.

Yup, especially in an area where you're not getting a bunch of 100 degree days. I leave my bag in the car a lot of the summer and I've only had issues when I had too many crammed into a putter pocket. You also might notice if you leave some flat on the bottom of your trunk that it can change the amount of dome.

As long as it's not getting like 130° or so, they'll be fine - AS LONG as they're not stored with pressure (i.e. crammed tight into the bag or with things resting on them). Base plastics will be affected earlier, but it's easy to fix them. Premium plastics will return to shape on their own. I wouldn't advise leaving them in the car overnight, or any time that theft might be an issue. Car insurance doesn't cover replacement costs for items in the vehicle, and homeowner's/renter's will usually only cover them if they vehicle was parked at home.

never had any problems keeping them in my car and we had a lot of days last summer with 100 degrees or more, i also only carry them in my disc golf bag or a plastic bin.

Mine live in the car and they've never show signs of damage before. I think you're good sir. BTW, what are you driving?

BTW, what are you driving?

Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-lg.jpg
CE-Roadrunner.jpg

-edit- I'm only currently driving one of these *sigh*

Its the Willamette Valley---it might be an issue in Bend, Burns or Pendleton, but not likely PDX-Eugene.

Car insurance doesn't cover replacement costs for items in the vehicle,

Uh maybe yours doesn't :p

and as everyone has said...it's fine. I've kept discs in the car even in Louisiana summers and nothing bad has happened.

Hmm maybe I should think about moving mine.. AZ summers cant be too good for the discs, never thought of that before..

Uh maybe yours doesn't :p

Insurance varies by state/state laws, but I've been with several companies over the last 20 years and none of them has included vehicle content - nor offered additional coverage for it. Always check the policy carefully...they often won't even cover (or will try to get out of) covering "accessories" such as hitch racks, cargo boxes/rails, etc. etc. Last couple of policies I had explicitly stated that stereos, cds/tapes, cell phones, laptops, tools, and a few other items were not covered as a loss.

Insurance varies by state/state laws, but I've been with several companies over the last 20 years and none of them has included vehicle content - nor offered additional coverage for it. Always check the policy carefully...they often won't even cover (or will try to get out of) covering "accessories" such as hitch racks, cargo boxes/rails, etc. etc. Last couple of policies I had explicitly stated that stereos, cds/tapes, cell phones, laptops, tools, and a few other items were not covered as a loss.

I was just teasing bro, don't get all super serial on me...

Sorry that you've had insurance like that. Mine is different, I know from experience :)...not with disc golf discs though, a whole bag full of CE plastic wouldn't even make most people's deductible.

I Have left my Discs in my cars for years and they are fine. Just don't set anything on top of them and screw up the flight plane on the disc.

I was just teasing bro, don't get all super serial on me...

Sorry that you've had insurance like that. Mine is different, I know from experience :)...not with disc golf discs though, a whole bag full of CE plastic wouldn't even make most people's deductible.

Right on. :)

Latest posts