• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc shops near Golden Gate Park?

luckless_pedestrian

Eagle Member
My nephew will be in the San Francisco area this week and wants to hit Golden Gate Park, which is one of my all-time favorite courses. He didn't bring any discs with him, though. The shops I see nearby on DGCR seem to be closed now. Any recommendations?

They'll be staying in Fairfax. Anything in between would work, too. I see some Big 5 sporting goods stores but that seems kind of sterile.

He'd probably have more luck on Facebook - hit up the San Francisco Disc Golf Club group. I'm quite sure he could find someone willing to loan him discs for a round or sell him some used ones for a couple bucks.

The SFDGC has a stash of discs (and the money goes towards maintaining our course), there's not a set schedule for when they're brought out, but it doesn't hurt to ask about them.

We're very active on Facebook, not so much on here. If you don't use facebook send an email from our website (www.sfdiscgolf.org) and the club officers will help.

Latest posts