• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

Gotta Go Gotta Throw is also packed the brim with second runs.

good looking out. for what it's worth, for anyone looking to get them at a normal price, based on their previous stock, there should be a few 2nd runs left at DGC in yellow and orange. just need to ask for them. I just grabbed a couple.

Last edited:
let the freakout begin. contacted GGGT, they told me someone contacted them about 2nd runs and bought all their max weights off them.

Also, I do commend Discmania for trying to reproduce the flight of the 2nd Run FD's with the invention of the FD2, but I feel they have missed the mark by a fair margin. My 2nd runs fly nothing like the FD2.

You're assuming a good bit of information with this. Could it be that the FD2 was always planned to be an OS fairway and the overstability of the 2nd run of FD was what missed the mark instead? :popcorn:

You're assuming a good bit of information with this. Could it be that the FD2 was always planned to be an OS fairway and the overstability of the 2nd run of FD was what missed the mark instead? :popcorn:

That's waaaaaayyyy to logical to be the right answer. DGCR always thinks of zebras when they hear hoof beats, not horses.

I would have to go with no. The second run FD's were a year or so ago. The FD was only a few months ago. Not to mention, Discmania even said they tried to replicate the flight of the second run by creating the FD2 I do believe.

I would have to go with no. The second run FD's were a year or so ago. The FD was only a few months ago. Not to mention, Discmania even said they tried to replicate the flight of the second run by creating the FD2 I do believe.

Could you find this info? I'd be interested to see this.

I have several, never thrown them because I hoarded second runs early on. From my understanding they have less glide and a harder fade. Sound like something I'd bag if I ever wanted to stop throw oop plastic.

I'm going to start hoarding glow FDs before people realize the potential of that run over the second runs. A nice fade and glide for me!

I'm one of the few that prefer the newer run over the 2nd
I'm in that boat too (and I threw the 2nd run extensively). At this point I'll take a JL FD, G-Line FD, and an FD2 and have every fairway shot I need confidently covered.

One thing is for certain, the FD in any iteration is an AWESOME disc. :thmbup:

I'm in that boat too (and I threw the 2nd run extensively). At this point I'll take a JL FD, G-Line FD, and an FD2 and have every fairway shot I need confidently covered.

One thing is for certain, the FD in any iteration is an AWESOME disc. :thmbup:

How do the JL FD, G-FD, and FD2 compare to the 2nd run C-lines? I'm absolutely loving mine, and debating whether to pick up a couple more 2nd runs or try a different run.

How do the JL FD, G-FD, and FD2 compare to the 2nd run C-lines? I'm absolutely loving mine, and debating whether to pick up a couple more 2nd runs or try a different run.

The FD2 is closest to the 2nd run C-lines. The FD2 is very straight with no turn at all, not a lot of glide and a heavy fade at the end. It won't go quite as far as an FD, but close.

The current C-line FD is a very neutral flyer. A little turn, a soft fade and great glidey distance. More turn and less fade than 2nd run C-line FDs.

The G-line are more understable.

If you're looking to replace a 2nd run FD, I'd replace it with another 2nd run. The FD2 is probably the closest of the other molds, but it's still a little different.

If you like 2nd runs, now is definitely the time to get some back ups. With the exception of whatever Discmania/Innova might hold onto for future special releases, whatever is out there currently is probably going to be the last of 2nd runs that you'll be able to get without paying a premium for them.