• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I haven't thrown TL by myself, but my flat & stiff 2nd-run is more stable than (or as stable as) teebird, can handle mid-west headwinds very well. It's been in my bag for a year and still

Have got 3rd-run JL FD from DGV. It's much less stable than the 2nd run and could be a hair less stable than my CFR C-FD (Russian stamp one).

What does 2nd run cFD fly like? They say more stable so does that mean like a tl?

The 2nd runs are similar to a fresh Champ TL, very HSS but the fade isn't as bitey as a Teebird. The low profile makes them great for slicing through moderate head and cross winds. Average TL's and TB's have more dome and slow down in headwinds and get jostled more in crosswinds, the CFDs flight will still be altered, but not as severely.

In calm conditions it's a bit slower, less glide, and less distance potential than the others I mentioned. Goes great with 9/10 speed control drivers, but not so great if you want that Teebird distance from your fairway.

Woah, that's not a subtle difference at all. Thanks for the pic! I know the FD is meant to be a domey glidey mold, but the 2nd run are so good - one of Innova's happiest molding accidents. I hope the ones I have last me, I've lost two already.. I don't think any other disc has inspried so many hoarding-instinct impulse buys as these CFD's. I have 6 total, should be 8 but 2 from my early orders turned out to be 1st runs.

I know the feeling. I went straight up crack head on the second run CFD's as soon as I realized every other run of them was domey.

What does 2nd run cFD fly like? They say more stable so does that mean like a tl?

I'd say a CFD is comparable to a TL, but (for me at least) it is an overall straighter ending disc. I've had mixed results with TL's, star TL's were a little flippy on me. Some Champ TL's seemed to have more fade than I thought the numbers would lead you to believe. Some Champ TLs I've had have flown exactly how the numbers say they would.

Second run CFD's flight paths are exactly how the numbers indicated it to be for me, with one exception, they've had some deceptive distance to them for me.

Second run CFD's flight paths are exactly how the numbers indicated it to be for me, with one exception, they've had some deceptive distance to them for me.
The 2nd run C-FD is A LOT more stable than other runs of the mold, being described similar to a Champion Teebird. Don't know why you get it to turn over with any control to it, unless it's seasoned.

Last edited:
The 2nd run C-FD is A LOT more stable than other runs of the mold, being described similar to a Champion Teebird. Don't know why you get it to turn over with any control to it, unless it's seasoned.
I agree with this statement.

FLAT 2nd runs are very HSS with little to no turn and stay that way for a while. Even when seasoned and starting to develop some high-speed turn, they still have reliable fade and are very hard to turn over.

They're one of Innova's happier accidents. I'd imagine the folks at Discmania were pissed to get a huge stock of their new mold only to find that instead of neutral, glidey, butter goodness they had stiff, flat windfighters.

Here's a pic of my blue guy after fighting a stiff headwind in a gusty surprise squall.

Attachments

• IMAG0068_1.jpg
    IMAG0068_1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 77
They're one of Innova's happier accidents. I'd imagine the folks at Discmania were pissed to get a huge stock of their new mold only to find that instead of neutral, glidey, butter goodness they had stiff, flat windfighters.

Here's a pic of my blue guy after fighting a stiff headwind in a gusty surprise squall.

That looks and sounds just like mine.

Unless the FD2 can maybe cover that...

I'm really really really hoping that is the case so I can stop worrying about losing my flat FD's every time I throw them

Being a bit of an FD hoarder I grabbed a D FD off the MP and am going to take it out tomorrow. I'm excited to see what it will do and if it will glide even more than my others being in a baseline plastic.

It will be a sad, sad day when flat 2nd run C-FDs are no longer in stock at disc golf retailers.

indeed. i feel like that day is rapidly approaching. not sure what online vendors have them anymore. contacted discgolfcenter and their new stock is apparently all domey.

Could anyone tell me more about the FD's the factory store is currently selling? Which run and what to expect out of that run? Thanks

i want to try one but im getting so sick of innova's ****. just recently i got a disc marked the wrong mold. and all these specific runs makes it such a witch hunt to find the diamond in a cotton field.

i currently throw stalkers with no complaints at all. do love my pds though. stalkers come out the same everytime im probably better sticking with them.

a pfd would be cool

Could anyone tell me more about the FD's the factory store is currently selling? Which run and what to expect out of that run? Thanks

I have a few off the factory site. I believe they're the third run. I've read that the dome on the third run is somewhere b/t a first run and second run, but I feel like the third run is more domey than my first run Russian CFR FD.

Compared to the 2nd run FD's I throw, I've found the 3rd runs to have more glide and are straighter finishing overall. Where as, with a 2nd run, I've got to keep the disc on a lower line for it to finish straight, otherwise at a higher flight level it's significantly more overstable.

I've had unfavorable results throwing the 3rd run into headwind, whereas the 2nd run is great in wind for me. Finally, 3rd run doesn't handle power as well for me compared to the 2nd run, which I can put a lot more power into and not be as clean with my form without ever having any issues.

Just got a 174g C-Line FD Jackal from discgolfcenter.com

It is almost flat.

Haven't gotten a chance to throw it yet with weather, but it has FAR less dome than my S-Line FD Jackals, and as far as I can tell, the same dome I got used to on my old C-Line before I lost it.