• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania TD

Around 300 to 310....At that distance shouldn't there be some signs of it being more understable?

Yes and no. A lot depends on the throw itself, the line its on etc.
I would think on a flat or even a slightly hyzered throw, you would get a fair amount of turn. The fever is pretty nose angle sensetive as well so any flaws in your throw should be that much more visable. Maybe you got one that molded up wierd?

Yes and no. A lot depends on the throw itself, the line its on etc.
I would think on a flat or even a slightly hyzered throw, you would get a fair amount of turn. The fever is pretty nose angle sensetive as well so any flaws in your throw should be that much more visable. Maybe you got one that molded up wierd?

That's what I've wondered. It's not that it flies badly, but it definitely doesn't do what I thought it would. And I agree about the nose angle. It seems to be very fussy about good form.

For me, i didnt bag the td2 because i am pretty used to my RR's and i was t able to get any results from the td2 that i couldnt match or exceed with my roadrunner, so i stuck with what i knew. Nice disc tho.

I'm still bagging the TD2 for now because I'm getting huge turnovers with it when thrown correctly. However I agree it's extremely nose angle sensitive. Thrown with too much nose down it turns and burns. Nose up it will either fight out of a turn or never flip depending on angle of release. I've had some of my longest throws with it from a hyzer flip and some nicely placed turnovers as well.

Thrown flat my plus mold S-TD has only a smidgen of turn on on about a 375 foot shot (I was in the circle on a couple of 400 or so footers this weekend). Thrown with a little hyper it will pop up a little to flat/almost flat. I have what feels like a non plus mold C-TD that is much more understable and has to be thrown with a good amount of hyzer angle to fly straight.

anybody have the TD kick out Leopards from the bag?

Ya it definetly feels plus. I have one of the old plus c-TDs that I will compare it too...maybe it's just "cooling"...PDs weren't supposed to end up with a plus mold either but we all know how that has turned out

yeah i dont throw with much power but fwiw the + C-TD's i have thrown were all much beefier then i was expecting.. both merlot and around 168g.. still have both if anyone is interested.. would swap for non + c or s-line .. i have yet to hear about + s-line but i dont follow the tds much.. bootz would prob know

I had an early run stiff flat STD Fever (170 something and blue) and it was more stable than I wanted so I traded it to Booter. The early ones like the one I had were quite stable from what I remember. They didn't necessarily turn on 375' + throws either. I gave up on the mold after that so I'm not sure how they fly now. They may actually turn now.

^^ well its good to know they are out there.. i have been wanting to snag a few s-td's to toy around with.. @Keltik i had one of those early run s-tds too.. thing was flat, pretty stiff and beefy .. well beefy for me anyway lol

I had an early run stiff flat STD Fever (170 something and blue) and it was more stable than I wanted so I traded it to Booter. The early ones like the one I had were quite stable from what I remember. They didn't necessarily turn on 375' + throws either. I gave up on the mold after that so I'm not sure how they fly now. They may actually turn now.

the stiff royal blue s lines are what i throw, and i agree on the flight. new they're straight with a bit less fade than a pd, after some seasoning they start to develop a nice s line and hold an anny all the way to the ground. some of my longest throws without using anything wide rimmed have some with one of those blue s tds.

if ur finding + rimmed std's post about it on the discmania fb page. they need to hear of this + rimmed bs thats happening to pds and tds in s line now

^^ well its good to know they are out there.. i have been wanting to snag a few s-td's to toy around with.. @Keltik i had one of those early run s-tds too.. thing was flat, pretty stiff and beefy .. well beefy for me anyway lol

I bought it at the PIAS in Greenville with the intent of parking #18 @ Va-Du-Mar (pre-tennis courts era). It just went dead ass straight with a small fade at the end or it fought out of the anny too soon.

Latest posts