• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

discmania

teebob

Birdie Member
Is the...
CD Craze a Viking?
MD1 a Shark?
GM Gremlin a Gremlin?
P2 an Aviar Driver?
P1 a Classic Aviar?

Are the PD and DD the only actual new molds or just re-releases of discontinued molds. Is the entire discmania line just a marketing ploy to sell slower moving discs?

Discmania is actually not owned by Innova. It is owned by Jussi Meresma (I think thats the correct spelling, lol), who is also the Innova Europe President/Director. With that being said, Innova is making the discs and I think the fact that the discs are similar or are discontinued models is because of Jussi being an Innova sponsored player for so many years. I love discmania discs and will be buying a lot more of them. Its nice to have a quality Innova disc with a sweet ass hotstamp, lol.

Discmania is actually not owned by Innova. It is owned by Jussi Meresma (I think thats the correct spelling, lol), who is also the Innova Europe President/Director. With that being said, Innova is making the discs and I think the fact that the discs are similar or are discontinued models is because of Jussi being an Innova sponsored player for so many years. I love discmania discs and will be buying a lot more of them. Its nice to have a quality Innova disc with a sweet ass hotstamp, lol.

this proves Innova has the most powerful marketing in disc golf.

You know where all those questions have already been answered? DGR.

Also like half those questions can be answered by reading/looking at the discs description on DGV, DGC or any other good DG store.

You know where all those questions have already been answered? DGR.

Also like half those questions can be answered by reading/looking at the discs description on DGV, DGC or any other good DG store.

I've spent some time on the DGC site and usually agree with the ratings but sometimes it's nice to learn a little bit more from those on this board. I believe DGC used to have the stalker as a speed 10 (now it shows it as speed 9) and I found it between a leopard and a TL.

Also like, about speed 6.5

My S-PD Reminds me of a Beast shaped Star Xcalibur with just an eyebrow less stability. How do they make it that stable with that rim shape?

I read on one website that all the drivers use innova rims with discmania's own flightplates. I think it was the firebird. However, I have no idea where I read that so take it however you want.

Still no definitive answer. All those suggested places were mostly just ramblings of disc nerds. From the manufacturers ratings the discs have exactly the same ratings as the ones I compared with exception of the cd/viking, the cd has a little more glide, and the gremlin. I am going to assume the manufacturer knows more than any one what these discs really are. Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the discs?

Innova Disc flight chart

Discmania flight chart

Innova Gremlin

In short
P2/ Aviar driver rating 2/3/0/2
P1/ Classic Aviar rating 2/3/0/0
MD1/ Shark rating 4/4/0/2
GM rating 6/3/0/2/ innova gremlin 5/3/0/2

If these "new" molds are the same It will still be nice to have some old molds in newer plastic.

On the PDGA forums there is the "Ask Dave from Innova disc" thread, in it Dave talks about the Discmania discs. He talks about the Plastics and what makes them different

P-PD is a fun hyer flip disc, but I sent it into some trees / rocky washout today, and it's chewed up like I took a weed eater to it. Pro plastic I assume, only less durable? That's my assessment. What are their premier plastics? S?

Ok, I know someone is gonna send me a link to answer my question. I have looked and searched through quite a few links and haven't found it. I know that Innova and Discmania are somewhat a partnership, so I want to know, do they use the same molds for their discs? Or do they combine molds to make new ones?

Latest posts