• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Memorial Day Mystery box results $99

I didn't get anything I was interested in. My items will all be going into a raffle for my Ace Race anyways. Retail value - $124.97. I could have purchased them for $60.45 + shipping. I gambled and lost, oh well :)

Soft UltraStar Foil
Super Color Buzzz
Z line Zombee Tye Dye
Mini Buzzz
Snapback Hat
Towel
Shirt
Jawbreaker Challenger

0604191405.jpg

how do you get 60.45 retail when the wasp and zombee alone are about 35 before shipping?

I got a bunch of stuff that you all are going to laugh at, but I'm pretty geeked about.
You'll say, "but Blobfish, you really got trash" to which I reply, "maybe, but it's MY trash, and I love it"
I got:
a blue hoodie... nothing terribly special about it, silkscreened Discraft logo
a can top mini... already had one, but kind of cool
an all-twill snapback hat that's a touch sexier than the Innova trucker hat I recently acquired even though I don't do that look
two reusable scorecards (I lost my last one)
a Discraft sportsack (wanted another one)
a Discraft 79 blue shirt (cool design, saw it before, wouldn't have bought it, but I'll wear it)
a Discraft Nuke towel (I love this design and wanted one to use since I didn't want to muddy up my one that I got at the Ace Race last year)
a crank tee shirt (hell yeah, this shirt makes me want to throw the crank again... I threw an ESP crank hard enough into a tree last year that a thorn impaled it)
a Discraft beanie (don't laugh! I like it)
and finally...
The illest, dope-ist, stupefyingly awesome, zenith of disc design DISCO BUZZZ... complete with Leisure Suit Larry-esque chest hair!

edit: oh I also got a two-tone shirt. Not sure if that was supposed to come in this box or not because I actually ordered 3 of those but only received one.

Attachments

• 20190604_230444200_iOS.jpg
    20190604_230444200_iOS.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
how do you get 60.45 retail when the wasp and zombee alone are about 35 before shipping?

i don't know how else to read it...he specifically said 124.7 retail value, that he could have gotten for 60.45...

He said he could have gotten the stuff for essentially half of retail, from an implied unknown source. He didn't say 60.45 was retail.

I got a bunch of stuff that you all are going to laugh at, but I'm pretty geeked about.
You'll say, "but Blobfish, you really got trash" to which I reply, "maybe, but it's MY trash, and I love it"
I got:
a blue hoodie... nothing terribly special about it, silkscreened Discraft logo
a can top mini... already had one, but kind of cool
an all-twill snapback hat that's a touch sexier than the Innova trucker hat I recently acquired even though I don't do that look
two reusable scorecards (I lost my last one)
a Discraft sportsack (wanted another one)
a Discraft 79 blue shirt (cool design, saw it before, wouldn't have bought it, but I'll wear it)
a Discraft Nuke towel (I love this design and wanted one to use since I didn't want to muddy up my one that I got at the Ace Race last year)
a crank tee shirt (hell yeah, this shirt makes me want to throw the crank again... I threw an ESP crank hard enough into a tree last year that a thorn impaled it)
a Discraft beanie (don't laugh! I like it)
and finally...
The illest, dope-ist, stupefyingly awesome, zenith of disc design DISCO BUZZZ... complete with Leisure Suit Larry-esque chest hair!

edit: oh I also got a two-tone shirt. Not sure if that was supposed to come in this box or not because I actually ordered 3 of those but only received one.

Hey Blob, that's a pretty nice 4.2 lb fish. ;)

Yes, retail is over $120. As an ace race TD, I get wholesale pricing (60.45). I was really hoping on one of the big items, as was everyone. Even vs wholesale, those were great buys. I'll make it back in entries and raffle tickets, might sell the Buzzz outright. Whatever brings the most $ for the charity I'm running the race for.

Yes, retail is over $120. As an ace race TD, I get wholesale pricing (60.45). I was really hoping on one of the big items, as was everyone. Even vs wholesale, those were great buys. I'll make it back in entries and raffle tickets, might sell the Buzzz outright. Whatever brings the most $ for the charity I'm running the race for.

ah that makes much more sense. i didn't think i TD would buy a mystery box lol. Is there no wholesale pricing on baskets? for 99$, you are already pretty close to the price of a chainstar lite

Let's get one thing straight, mystery boxes aren't "stupid". I've been playing around with new molds and thought it would be fun to take a shot at a big prize. If I had gotten a hoodie and 3 shirts and 2 discs, I would not have been mad, because unlike true gambling, they are giving you a $$ amount guarantee.

Buying a mystery box assuming you will win a mega prize or get double the sticker value is stupid. Buying one hoping for fun stuff and considering you may get a dud is not stupid.

I didn't take a pic of my mystery box, but it was a big meh all around. I got two T-shirts, mini buzz, discraft pin, hat, dyed Z Wasp, full color Buzzz, big Z Sting, and what every disc golfer needs an Ultrastar!. Granted the ultrastar does have a Star Wars stamp, but I don't need anymore Ultrastars. The one T-shirt they were blowing out for $5 and I bought two of them so I ended up with 3 (but only two in the correct size I ordered).

This is exactly what I received. I'm guessing there's a bean counter that made sure these boxes added up to "at least" $100 retail, so a lot of identical ones.

It's interesting that basically the "grand prize" was a single disc that cost them a couple bucks to make this year. It was also (coincidentally) won by someone they sponsor.

who won it? I did not hear about this

Duh, Paul McBeth won the 82nd of the buzzz discs he signed. He said, "Thanks to the folks at Discraft, I didn't think they'd ever return this disc to me because I forgot to put my phone number on it. Now I just need to find the other 81 I must have misplaced"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he could have gotten the stuff for essentially half of retail, from an implied unknown source. He didn't say 60.45 was retail.

If you have an unknown source to get disc golf stuff at nearly 50% off retail, what are you buying a mystery box for? Other than the chase of the gamble?

If you have an unknown source to get disc golf stuff at nearly 50% off retail, what are you buying a mystery box for? Other than the chase of the gamble?

Of course you are asking the wrong person, but I'd be interested in this rationale as well.

Latest posts