• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Discs that you dislike, despise or downright hate.

Skeeter.
Found one in my truck today and decided to use it as a dog disc. Much more use that way.

Can't say I hate any discs. I don't likesome enough to throw them, I think its more of plastic for me. Who ever decided r-pro drivers should be made has issues.

Can't say I hate any discs. I don't likesome enough to throw them, I think its more of plastic for me. Who ever decided r-pro drivers should be made has issues.
I would have to agree. If, and it's a big if, the wahoo wasn't made in that plastic it MIGHT be a okay disc.

Bump.

Discs I don't like.

The buzz- I feel like it overlaps with a teebird nearly with all the glide. It's super long for a mid I feel like. I prefer the roc because they don't go as far and don't overlap with my fairways.

Jk aviar- hate the floppiness

Yeti aviar- hate that pushed in rim. Nice plastic and flight just don't like the feel.

SSS and RFF wizards- I used to throw one for upshots and drives that needed a soft landing and a stick. But I found the nova and atlas which are hard and also stick (I think even better because sometimes a soft disc will taco on a landing and then stand up and roll away).

G star max d drivers (like 11 speed and higher)- I've had a g star tern warp(taco) in mid flight in high temp days. They are usually more understable then regular versions but don't even have the glide to make up for it. I like pro destroyers much more then g star. They have similar stability depending on PLH and dome but a pro will go further no matter what.

Champ pig- one trick pony. If you thought a over stable putter was a good idea, bought one and decided it was worth it, try a scale. I had a ace with my second throw with one and it stayed in the bag forever because of that. But man that thing sucked. No glide. Doesn't break in. So doesn't pick up more glide because it doesn't beat in. The only thing a champ pig does better then a scale is skip and I throw a (usually champ) gator, firebird, destroyer or thunderbird for skip shots depending on what kind of skip.

Boss- funky disc

Dominator- more funky disc

Star aviar- mold up funky feeling and flight isn't what I really wanted. I was surprised when a friend let me throw a champion aviar. It was pretty close to a kc pro aviar in feel and flight ( atleast for the few throws I had with it, whenever I see one I'm going to snatch it up)

Xcal- I'd get crazy different discs. I had echo star that was stupid OS, but why? Doesn't skip well. I don't need to break it into a quasi destroyer, it'll never be one. Champ and star were more like flight numbers but by that time I threw apes and PD2. I prefer a good glow champ PD2. Apes are longer with same stability but without the drastic differences.

Blizzard plastic- blows big time. So inconsistent disc to disc. Sure you can find good ones. I have a wraith that is super OS and useful as a floater but good luck finding another one. Flight plate bubbles are different animals though. Starlight I feel is more consistent and same d. Bit breaks into crap in no time so only useful to out drive your friends and laugh... Except when it goes somewhere crazy and they laugh at you instead.

I might get blasted for this but Champion Best. Could't get it to fly in anything other then a big hyzer to save my life but I can throw an Archon really well.....Weird :/

some of the answers...

I always forget how many mutants post on this forum.

There are some discs I don't mesh very well with but the only ones I really can't stand are medium pures. I didn't have anything to do with the flight but all four of mine had the worst flash. And this wasn't the type of flash that you could rub off on a tee pad. This was flash that required surgical tools to remove. I have no idea if that's still the case, but I'll never buy another one again.

Anything Discraft makes in Pro-D, seriously they should charge what someone selling Lightning out of the back of a truck at the park does for those. Great premium plastics though, love Esp Flx.

Roc3, I really dislike the huge bead. It makes for a very unconsistant release for me. I also don't like the lack of both LSS and HSS.

Anything in Innova bubble plastic, useless toy plastic

Skeeter.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why I like the Leopard (6, 5, -2, 1) so much and can consistently throw 275' - 300' with it, but the slightly slower Skeeter (5, 5, -1, 1) is useless to me. If I try to power it up at all it just burns off to the right.

The Roc. I don't like the Roc mostly because so many people use them and it could mean so many different things. One name attached to like 15 different variations of the mold. So annoying.

I had to listen to the phrase 'Beat in Roc' so many times when I started out playing this game and it never made any sense to me. It's such an open ended thing to say that doesn't describe a specific flight. Why not just get a Star Mako or something that already has that straight to turnover flight?

MVP/Axiom midranges and drivers. Just flat out abominations of suck. Why people like that garbage is beyond me.

The 10 meter brick was a joke, as were about 1/2 Quests discs.

The other half would have been acceptable in good plastic. Rock-it, Scream(not Dt) and T-Bone molded by someone with good polymers could be useful.