• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Distance Control

atvan

Birdie Member
Hoe do you guys control D? Do most of you use the reachback? I will do that on tighter holes along with grip changes. However, on open shots, I usually use hyzer/anny/flat and different amounts of each to control D, because it feels more natural to me. Any thoughts?

same grips, same run up, same reachback, different armspeed

I usually control my distance for up shots with hyzer or anhyzer as long as there is no ceiling restriction. It just feels more natural like was said. And I like to give the disc room to skip if needed. If I throw on a straight line I might skip right by the basket or if I put to much on it, I might turn it over right. But if I throw hyzer and have my D dialed in I skip left to the basket.

Not sure I understand the question... D is controlled by power mostly (arm-speed like said above) not different speed discs because some mids will go as far as drivers just different lines. Disc'n down doesnt generally mean you are throwing shorter shots just slower discs are easier to control and put on a line at any given power while still going as far as some drivers would given the same shot.

Disc choice, hyper, nose angle, run up, reach back, all of those can be adjusted. For approaches I'll change grip strength too so I can use lower arm speed and still have the disc rip out without having to release it.

Thanks guys! I'm sort of compiling tidbits of info to help inprove, I think it is easier to focus on one thing at a time like this. I'm weird. Don't mind me. Wait, what? Nvm. Lol.

In this order:
- disc down
- some reduction in arm speed
- Stand still & more reduction
- change to fan grip

I don't tend to rely on Hyzer since it's often not an option on wooded holes.

Latest posts