• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do any pros putt with mvp putters?

I think it's hillarious that people care what prodogy players throw but don't care that no one of name throws MVP.
Prodigy's thing was that the majority of the touring young-gun field was gonna be throwing their plastic. Those bags matter because they're the lynch pin of the brand's marketing. MVP's marketing has never depended on a paid-for endorsement, yet they're in the Top 4 selling brands at major retailers. Pros are irrelevant to the majority of the buying public, it's only us jagoffs (who know better and have plenty of equipment knowledge to disregard the pros for gear cues) who are aware of what pros throw - or rather, are compensated to throw.

would you consider innova's Pro plastic to be premium?
No, definitely not. I'm talking urethane-based stuff. I've only briefly had premium plastic putters in my bag for putting, and just don't feel the feel. I need texture, fuzz, burrs, chalk, dirt under my putter grip. I love MVP putters for throwing, but for putting my OCD needs a certain feel to be confident. All that really means is that I haven't given it enough time to force myself to get used to it, but I'm a casual player, and I like what I like and I'll be ecstatic when MVP delivers it.

More like middle school, where immature kids troll for reactions. Pretty much every MVP vs. The World thread starts with some jakoff like that kid posting something idiotic, and 10 other idiots posting clapping smilies. It's never the MVP throwers who start this stuff, in fact considering the flame baiting towards MVP on this board, I consider the MVP throwers some of the best at dealing with it, a majority have learned to ignore the people who have nothing better to do with their lives then to flamebait.

And I agree /thread. Just sad we can't have reasonable discussions on this forum anymore, the thread doesn't get 10 replies before some troll comes in to throw a match in the woodpile.

This thread didn't really call for a discussion in the first place. He asked a question and the simple answer is no. No top pros putt with MVP putters. I've never even seen any just outside of the top pros putting with them. Heck, I'm from DFW (a huge DG scene) and none of the local pros there putt with them.

I don't know of any Pros that use them in my area, I do know a handful or solid AM1 players that use them successfully.

I am an AM1 player that uses them. I'll leave the "solid" and "successfully" parts up for debate though.

I do believe anyone can be successful with any putter if they are comfortable with it. For an extreme example, I knew of a guy at Collegiate Nationals two years ago that putted with an upside down driver and did well with it.

You must be kidding! You have trolled the Innova threads repeatedly. Are you really that blind to your own hypocrisy? Hilarious!

Yea, but that was out of pure boredom and for the enjoyment. LoL

Just an FYI, my post was not an indicator of any interest in this thread, we all know the reasons pros don't throw MVP; sponsors, base plastics, no full lineup, no true incentives.

MVP makes great discs, but because of those problems we probably won't see any top pros using MVP for a few years at least. Does that really make or break the discs or company? No. I could care less about what other people think about what I throw, as long as it works for me. I absolutely love my ions, but can see why some people don't, putting is all about feel and preference, and MVP putters might be too much for most people to handle.

I recently forgot my putters and used a friends voodoo to putt with, still nailed some really good putts even though there was a HUGE difference in the feel. In fact I often think about getting some chalky putters just for days where I sweat more, so I can completely understand some people reservations about premium plastic discs. I just like the fact that I can crank my putter into a brick wall and see no damage.

/ interest in this thread.

Seems like this point has been made elsewhere, but aside from the fact that MVP isn't sponsoring anyone, they're also relatively new. Most pro players have been playing longer than MVP has been around. Not being a pro, or having played very long, I can only assume that most higher level players are pretty comfortable with their putters, and wouldn't likely make a switch to a new manufacturer, aside from sponsorship reasons.

So, the reason top players aren't putting with them isn't necessarily that there's something wrong with the discs, it's probably more of an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" deal.

You know youre biased when your argument against MVP, a company started by a couple of young guys with no affiliation to professional disc golf, is that a company like Prodigy or Legacy is younger and has more top pros; Which are literally companies started by top pros.

Yeah isnt that amazing, companies started by professional disc golfers have sponsored players!

I don't know of any Pros that use them in my area, I do know a handful or solid AM1 players that use them successfully.

I am an AM1 player that uses them. I'll leave the "solid" and "successfully" parts up for debate though.

I do believe anyone can be successful with any putter if they are comfortable with it. For an extreme example, I knew of a guy at Collegiate Nationals two years ago that putted with an upside down driver and did well with it.

My son was there that year, he talked about how this guy putted like that. Crazy.........

You know youre biased when your argument against MVP, a company started by a couple of young guys with no affiliation to professional disc golf, is that a company like Prodigy or Legacy is younger and has more top pros; Which are literally companies started by top pros.

Yeah isnt that amazing, companies started by professional disc golfers have sponsored players!

Posts of this logical nature usually get buried in threads like this.

MVP discs SUCK, because no sponsored pros throw them. This is common DGCR knowledge.

I think the better argument is that anyone who putts well with an MVP disc would be even better if they used something else

Latest posts