• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you change your bag for the rain?

Do you change your bag when playing in the rain?

• I have separate bags for rain and shine.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I change out a majority of my bag for rain.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I make a few changes on rainy days.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I play with the same discs rain or shine, grip be damned!

Votes: 67 72.0%
  • My bag is so big I always have enough grippy discs.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nstraz

Birdie Member
My normal bag includes a lot of Elite-Z and Champion plastic. When the forecast called for rain during this weekend's tournament I totally changed out my bag for FLX and Elite-X plastic. With only a few rounds of practice with my new bag I did fairly well in the tournament.

Do any of you with more experience change your bag up for rainy days?

What other tips do you have for playing in the rain?

I used an umbrella and rain coat all day. I had enough towels to keep my discs mostly dry. I probably would have included a few clothespins to keep my towels hanging in my umbrella.

I play anywhere, anytime, any conditions with the same bag/discs. Except night rounds, gotta go with the glow stuff!

If it rains I pull some backups and rarely used discs (faster stuff) so I can put my putters inside the bag.

Same discs for the most part though, don't change plastics or anything.

When it rains, I avoid playing whenever possible.
However, when I have to play, I tend more toward DX plastic.

I change my actual bag for rain rounds but I dont really change my discs.

Same here. In Seattle though, it depends on the degree of rain, and for how many days in a row it has been. Sometimes it rains for so long that no matter where you set your bag, it will be in mud. If that is the case, then I use my reallybeat up bag with holes in it cause I could care less. If it is a course where losing a disc is high, I might bring an extra disc but really no more. I keep the same in my bag almost always. That's just me though. :)

The rain totally screwed me mentally and physically in the last tourny i played. I was tied for 2nd going into the last round when it started sh*tting out of the sky. I thought, "you know, Im good to go in the rain, this is my sh*t." I was way wrong. I have played in the rain hundreds of times no prob, but this round, the tourny setting, and super competitive card i was on got the best of me. I kept the same setup(and would make the same decision again) but i couldnt throw one of my discs properly. backhands, my strong pt, were out the window. sidearms were out the window. All i had were thumbers on every single hole, and i rarely hit my mark. i dropped to 6th and have been super burnt out since. curse the rain.

Bag stays the same. My hands sweat so much during the summer I am use to having to grip my discs harder. Plus 90% of my discs are gummier so I can grip them better.

I bring rain gear and extra towels. It rains pretty heavy about 8 months out of the year here in the greater portland area so im pretty used to playing in the rain.

I have a lot of base plastic discs anyway, so I don't change anything.

I used to change over my discs for rain, but then I just decided to make those discs my normal bag. Much less confusing.

I'll play in any condition, and the more I play, the less Champion/Z plastic I seem to use. My favorite discs are usually in Star/ESP or X/Pro. There are only two Z discs in my current bag, and I have others of the same mold in different plastics, so I'm good to go either way.

Latest posts