• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Do you have the WEDGE? (Yeah, I changed it. Don't go all Vegan Ray on me for it.)

I gave up on the DX Wedge.
The Star Wedge is a different animal altogether.
It is soft and FLX-like and can take a lot of power without flipping over.
If thrown right, you can get 250' drives with a little S-curve.
Also, the Star will not take an edge and roll like the DX's like to do.
As far as putting, it's a little to "glidey" for putting. This thing just loves to fly.

The Wedge is great. The low rim lets you have good drive with it too. I can drive up to around 200' with it on an almost complete vertical angle. They are great hyzer-flippers, and are overall multitaskers.

P.s. I use the STAR Wedge too. I'm not sure about the DX but the STAR is awesome. I used to use it as my putter. It is a great straight putter, I just chose the Wizard over it as a putter because I would always make it overshoot.

Last edited:
I gave up on the DX Wedge.
The Star Wedge is a different animal altogether.
It is soft and FLX-like and can take a lot of power without flipping over.
If thrown right, you can get 250' drives with a little S-curve.
Also, the Star will not take an edge and roll like the DX's like to do.

I've tried to get this thing to cut roll, but it never does.

As far as putting, it's a little to "glidey" for putting. This thing just loves to fly.

WAYYYY too fast to use as a putter, if you miss there's a hell of a comebacker.

The Wedge was designed as disc for smaller hands, i.e. children. Plus, it is extremely understable as it was created for under powered players. Kids should get one, but grown adults should throw an Aviar.

The Wedge was designed as disc for smaller hands, i.e. children. Plus, it is extremely understable as it was created for under powered players. Kids should get one, but grown adults should throw an Aviar.

I'm gonna dye calvin and hobbes on mine in your 'grown adult' honor :thmbup:

I just tried out a star and dx wedge yesterday and they are very similar and they feel great in the hand. I was very impressed with this disc. It is like an XD meets meteor meets buzz ss. It held every line thrown on from straight to hyzer to annies to big hyzer flips. The best part which sold me on this disc was the amount of glide and distance the wedge can get. I was pumping these puppies out to 320-360. They will replace my bullet XDs for the winter. Innova nailed it with this disc.

WAYYYY too fast to use as a putter, if you miss there's a hell of a comebacker.

I played with a newer player today who uses a Star Wedge as his putter.

He made some nice floaters from 30 and inside, had a pretty clean form, throwing it nose up so it stalls well, but outside of 30 the blowbys were 20' + with the glide, leaving alot of work.

We all know there is no use at all for understable discs in disc golf. This is a proven fact. Also, all adults have very large hands and there is no genetic diversity with regards to limb size.

We all know there is no use at all for understable discs in disc golf. This is a proven fact. Also, all adults have very large hands and there is no genetic diversity with regards to limb size.

SO true!! I mean, why would I need anything understable when I can get my 175
Z Nuke out to 280???