• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

do you only use certain color discs?

worthdan said:
for drivers and mids i really don't have a preference on color, but for some reason i only use pink putters. no idea why, i just like pink putters. my wife sometimes makes fun of me b/c her putter is more manly than mine :lol:
There is no such thing as a pink golf disc. They do not exist. There are Bubblegum discs, which to the untrained eye might look pink, but they are definitively NOT pink. They are Bubblegum.

I throw a lot of Bubblegum-colored discs. 8)

I throw mostly white and blue. Blue's my favorite color but anything dark colored and I have difficulty seeing it <mostly dark green foliage here... pine and oak trees> I just can't resist blue.

Working Stiff said:
worthdan said:
for drivers and mids i really don't have a preference on color, but for some reason i only use pink putters. no idea why, i just like pink putters. my wife sometimes makes fun of me b/c her putter is more manly than mine :lol:
There is no such thing as a pink golf disc. They do not exist. There are Bubblegum discs, which to the untrained eye might look pink, but they are definitively NOT pink. They are Bubblegum.

Neither pink or bubblegum sounds very manly. :lol:

Working Stiff said:

Laughing out loud, hilarious!

Depends on the disc.

My main drivers are Star Orcs and for some reason I like the Dark Blue and Red ones best for true distance driving. I just seem to get a little better grip on them. I ust a pink one for spike hyzers or when losing the disc is a real possibility, it is a little more slippery. Most of my other discs are red and white. I never have an issue finding midrange or putters (except for that one time in a tourney) and grip is not an issue either.

Late fall Pink and Orange if I have some.

i used to think it didn't matter until a bought the worst possible grass green gazelle. lost it the first throw. looked for it for an hour, now i will only buy discs that will stand out in the grass, and for putters i prefer more dull colors

CJ1998 said:
Working Stiff said:
worthdan said:

Neither pink or bubblegum sounds very manly. :lol:

I think this is the reason for pink Flashes with Britney Spears picture on them :)

Ordering discs from the net at specific rarer weights in a specific plastic leaves me an uneasy feeling on specifying more things like color. Especially when the shop has some color options on their sites that don't exclude pink as an option. I prefer light colors but not white thanks to the long winter for ease of finding the discs. Pink falls in the light colors specification that some stores have.

So far I've gotten a 166 DX Leopard which with the stamp got a rude nick name. Pink ahem(cat). Unfortunately I lost my FLX Pred. Good luck belittling that disc. I mean if I had it and somebody badmouths it I'm more than willing to let them overpower that one :)

Edit: No joy with the 3 green discs I've gotten. One's missing but they're nasty to search for. Unfortunately they also fall in the light colors category :-(

The reason I wanna stay polite about the demands besides weight and plastic is because getting less than max weight in Finland is a hassle and not always possible. I wanna make the lives of people making a great service to the DG community as little requests as possible to make their lives easier in turn. One time I've been pickier. I wanted a poppy top ESP Flash to see what the hubbub was about. Yes the rumors are true. This disc is a bomber and controllable at that. Not that great color in red for me because I'm minimally red/green color blind. I see both colors but it's easier to find the disc on granite than grass.

I actually like dark blue and red drivers, although I also have a few white ones. For putters, its GOT to be white.

tumpsi said:
They're not that rare nowadays. (Brown Star discs).

I had a green Champ Valk when I started playing , and lost it in some think bushes and trees. I learned my lesson.

Color really doesn't matter to me. Like others I usually just go for visibility, mostly neon yellow sometimes neon green, neon pink or blaze orange. Putters it's usually white, no real reason there it's just because the place I get my discs colored putters get scooped up real quick. Winter rounds I switch it up just a little, I use a black putter.

I am trying to get an all orange setup because they are by far the easiest to spot anywhere. but I also have some white, 2 blue, 1 pink, 1 neon yellow, 1 black putter, and my other 3 putters are green.....drive for show and put for dough.

I carry about every color but black and blue. I try to get as many as I can in different colors, but there are only so many colors. I did notice at my last tourney, I grabbed a orange teebird that was a recent addition when I meant to grab a orange crush.

Latest posts