• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you sign your discs?

Do you sign your discs?

• yes

Votes: 116 79.5%
  • no

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
I have a Bert stencil that I put on the under side of the disc, and I have been doing this for 13 years. I also put the weight and Biz and my phone number. I've lost 5 or 6 discs this season and not one call back. Sucks. I'm waiting for the day that I see someone with the Bert stencil and snatch back my doobage. Long live Bert!

Biz
Team Bert

the ones that are really important to me!
even though i know most of the people around here wouldn't return them.. :/

First name, number, and DGCR# on inside rim. I want my discs back, but I don't like messy ink all over the disc.

This has been covered in many threads before and is fairly a divisive topic. It all comes down to whether the disc fits the description of being "lost" or "abandoned". If it is inked with contact information and is "lost", then legally speaking (and there are numerous state statutes to back this up), it still belongs to the person that lost the disc in the first place. If the person that finds the disc intends to keep it, they need to make reasonable attempts to contact the original owner. In this regard, it is a requirement.

If you do a search on "abandoned" you can find the other threads that debated/argued this same topic.

It's almost universally accepted that if you find an uninked disc, it's yours.

what i'm saying is once you walk away from the course where your disc is "lost" you have officially abandoned it.

anyway, i put my name and phone # on the inner rim. if i get it back sweet, it's never happened though.

yeah, i name and number all of mine, but nobody's even called about any of the 6 i've lost. I at leas call people about their's and return them to the park lost and found (if they have a name and #)

what i'm saying is once you walk away from the course where your disc is "lost" you have officially abandoned it.

In your opinion, but your opinion may not have any legal standing. Just because you can't find something that's lost doesn't mean that it's been abandoned.

I only mark them (in the same unique way) when they've found a starting spot in my bag. I carry one new mold st least at all times to see if it might work in the lineup. If I lose it, it wasn't meant to be and obviously didn't deserve a starting spot. If it just doesn't work out, it's easier to trade when it's ink free.

In the event any of my first stringers do get lost and returned, I offer the person a disc of their choosing from my trade stack for their generosity and kindness.

Last edited:
the 'whiteout' is post-development inking on a computer program like adobe photoshop... or was your comment sarcastic?

if someone has already clarified this, i apologize for being redundant

I don't put any info on my discs.. that being said, every time I lose a disc, I wish I had put my info on it. :wall:

Doesnt matter its still illegal. And yes

You nerd. He did it in the program "Microsoft paint" to block it out. It's not really on it. :clap:

I'm playing in it. You want to be my caddy?

No.
I don't lose discs. If I ever lose one, I will just replace it. I had rather buy a new disc than waste someone's time trying to get a disc back.
If I want to trade or sell a disc, ink on it makes it worth less.
I don't want my info on a disc for anyone to see.

I sign the top with signature and PDGA number....you mght want to get rid of the whiteout on the bottom of those if you want to play a tourney

Thats not white out, its my name and number blocked off for the pic on the computer

I've started putting a picture of Mohammed on my discs. That way, they'll get returned in order to avoid a potential jihad.

Name, Number, and Flight ratings. I got into the habit of writing the ratings on my disc before Innova started printing them on the disc. Nothing huge, I prefer aesthetics. Although, I'm actually thinking about just sticking RussMB and DGcoursereview.com on my disc and that's it. If I get it back, Great. If not, I'll still have helped promote this site. I don't expect to get them back if I lose it, but it is nice to get that call that says "I've found your disc". I'm getting more and more leery about putting my phone number out there.

I always mark the inside rim with my first name and phone number with a ultra fine point sharpie. In the last week I have returned 3 discs, and have had one returned to me. The golfers in my area are pretty good about returning discs.

+1
i put the number on the inside rim... If someones wants to black out my name and boost my disc, i figure i'll help keep it clean....

if it's a disc i want to experiment with (some DX or used) i put random things on the bottom with no number. Random symbols, sayings, etc... things that makes the next owner laugh when they find it.<- then i either give it away to a newbie (as a "DG Ambassador") or intentionally "lose it" on a course.

sometimes, i write "Bad Karma will find you if you dont call." <- not much success with this one...

i've also been starting to darken the circle where the weight is written.....it makes identifying discs fast... (i even spotted a disc i had "previously owned" <- and not returned)...

Latest posts