• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do You Want a Sponsor?

What Sponsorship Would You Want?

• Innova

Votes: 133 44.8%
  • Discraft

Votes: 84 28.3%
  • Gateway

Votes: 30 10.1%
  • Millenium

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • Lightning

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 38 12.8%

• Total voters
I'd like to be sponsored by Guinness, at least when I lose all my tournaments I'll be too wasted to care.

I throw all Innova cept some Gateway putters... I'd gladly take a sponsorship from Gateway...

Can any sponsored players out there chime in on what kind of deals/goodies they receive from their sponsors?

From what I understand, if you're sponsored by Gateway, they only make you throw their putters. Your mids and drivers can be any other manufacturer you want.

From what I understand, if you're sponsored by Gateway, they only make you throw their putters. Your mids and drivers can be any other manufacturer you want.

Yes, I believe you are correct because Nikko has been known to toss an Innova or two.

I was thinking about energy drink and beer sponsors, but then I thought about Happy Gilmore and Subway and thought to myself that would be nice. Next step talk to my uncle because he owns a bunch of Subways up north.

I'm going with Lightning b/c I suck anyway, at least I could blame the equipment.

Lightning is code word for water hazard discs.

Also, I'd say Innova. Everything I have is Innova, except for my Buzzz and Soft APX (and a helix that hasn't landed in water yet, lol). I figure I suck enough at putting to switch putters, and I've been throwing my Buzzz into the ground so much lately, I'm almost considering picking up a Roc...

...just kidding..

Discraft for me, I live in Michigan and really only throw that brand.

me too, support michigan! we need it badly lol.
i started on innova then have slowly been switching over. for each shot i have rarely found a discraft counterpart that i didnt like better from the experiences i have.

that wouldnt be a bad deal at all.... ive never owned a gateway putter but i have always loved the way they feel...now im thinking to myself,"why havent i ever bought a gateway putter?"...lol

well in that case I'd have to switch to Gateway, as the Wizard is the only non-innova disc in my bag.

A friend of mine was sponsored by Discraft, was on the Discraft page and everything. He took a small break from playing. When he returned to the game he was sponsored by Gateway. Most everything in his bag was Discraft (even the pretty black Challenger putter). I asked him why not Gateway?
He said Gateway doesn't require him to use their products exclusively. He said that at any tournament/event that had a distance competition, he had to use Gateway. He also carried a Gateway bag.

All you have to do when sponsored by gateway, is have some gateway in your bag, but you still can have some innova, discraft, etc.
Heres the video that explains it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfytPTs5qU

Although almost all my stuff is Innova....Have to say DGA....I couldn't live without my blowflies. Although I did just add another Discraft disc to my bag....I'm up to 3 now.....Crystal Z buzz, added to my Crush and Flick.

The magics are the only non-innova disc I carry as well... I'd like to give the Elements a try though..

all because of a new bag?!? i might have to get me one...lol

Haha no not because of the new bag. I'm just saying I have dedicated many years to the sport and I feel I have a chance at qualifying. I talked with Barry Schultz the other day, he wished me luck and gave me a few pointers.

Innova for me, only because for the first 5 years that I played, that's all I ever knew and now I'm used to them. That said, I'd gladly learn a new set of discs in exchange for boxes of free plastic and tourney entries.

Gateway or Discraft would be the way to go. I voted for Gateway because of the ability to throw other Disc's brands. Gateway makes so many good discs as it is, plus, the ability to throw other brands would only help your bag, and not hurt it. And Dave seems like such a knowledgeable and friendly guy. I've heard stories about him just giving away discs and whatnot to people that aren't even sponsored.

Discraft would also be good. They aren't in it for all of the money (Innova sure seems to be). They only want to support DG. If you look at the amount of players sponsored by Discraft as opposed to Innova, you'll see that Innova has very few players compared to Discraft.

And as for the actual discs, I want to have the ability to walk into the store, see a disc, and know exactly how it flies. can you get that from Innova? good luck. i've heard plenty of stories about different runs and different flights. I would hate to pick up a disc and only know kind of how it flew. I want my replacement to fly exactly like the original. Discraft provides that, and If i'm getting a Gateway disc I'm pretty sure it's gonna be about the same, but if it's not, Dave would probably be fine with letting me have 3 or 4 and figuring out which one is most like the original.

Too bad this is just theoretical, and if I get a sponsorship offer from anyone i will almost immediately take it.

And Dave, I was wondering at first who in the world voted for Lightning. I read your post and I completely understand why you voted for them now.

Last edited: