• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Does anyone bag an Epic?

I had one in my bag a long time ago but quickly took it out. It wasn't durable enough & it wasn't worth trying to tune it. After hitting some rocks & trees it was never the same. I only used it for overhand on wide open holes with little to no wind. Its not consistent in the wind at all. It was my furthest flying disc overhand but was very unpredictable. It wasn't great on short shots either, I found backhand more consistent at the distances I was throwing it overhand. I currently throw all my overhand shots with my FAF 12x Champion Firebird & 12x Champion Teebird. I use the Teebird for shots that require a quick flip, accuracy & most short overhand shots. The Firebird if for max distance & skip shots. I can consistently get my Firebird around 350' thumber & tomahawk. My farthest throws with my Epic were over 400' but I had little to no accuracy. Overhand is all about placement & accuracy for me so the Epic isn't worth adding to the bag. I prefer premium plastic discs for overhand (as many others do) & the Epic doesn't come in a durable plastic. I've heard many other people say they don't use it for the similar reasons as I stated. Its a gimmick disc to me & I could never trust it in a tourney round.

Latest posts