• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does it offend you to see people guzzling beer while playing disc golf?

Does it bother you to see people guzzling beer on disc golf courses?

• Yes

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Direct Quote:
"Those who do not seek forgiveness will be subject to the full wrath of the other part of God.

Allah is the Muslim name for this other part of God.

Buddha was just a chubby philosopher. He probably smoked pot and would have loved throwing frisbees."

an opinion could be rationalizing as to what might happen to someone who doesn't believe in god....but when you feel the need to chime in several times on a thread about voting beliefs, when you don't even vote!!...that sir, is a chip

So let me see if I understand this.

Chiming in - bad
differing view - chip on shoulder
God - bad
John McCain - bad
Marijuana - good for you
football - nothing in common with dg
Texans - all bad

wrong again...
it goes like this:

Chiming in - good
Forcing your opinions on others - bad
god - whatever works for you
McCain - bad (you did get this one right)
marijuana - never mentioned
football - other than grass, nothing in common
texans - other than Austin, all bad
religion in general - not a great idea

"Organized religion will be the downfall of this great land..."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Organized religion will be the downfall of this great land..."
-Benjamin Franklin

He didn't mean all religions are bad...silly goose. He meant that the government should not tell you what to believe. He was a puritan himself, which is the strictest form of Christianity there is. Hopefully you havn't been basing all your beliefs on a mis-interpretation of Ben Franklin.

So let me see if I understand this.

Chiming in - bad
differing view - chip on shoulder
God - bad
John McCain - bad
Marijuana - good for you
football - nothing in common with dg
Texans - all bad

Nope.

Chiming in - more than welcome.
differing view - Not a chip because of a differing view, a chip because of your attitude.
God - I'm fully for people believing in whatever they want to believe. Which invisible guy in the sky you choose doesnt matter to me. But citing 'God' will prove no point at all with me.
John McCain - bad - yeah ok, you got that one pretty close imo
Marijuana - Not the evil badness that the bible belt would have us believe
football - A both a DGer and a semipro football player I can honestly say theres very little in common. You left the few things that are in common out of your analogy. Your analogy was clearly meant to instigate.
Texans - I was going to go with the 'Steers N' quote, but bad pretty much sums up most of what my experience living in Texas was. So we'll go with that.

Marijuana - Not the evil badness that the bible belt would have us believe

I knew this was your real issue. I've got to go but I'll leave you with one more analogy to ponder.

One day I was playing DG and I saw a young boy eating a dog turd. I walked over to the kid and said "You shouldn't eat dog turds". He kicked me in the shin and said "I like to eat dog turds".

Moral of the story: Once someone aquires a taste for dog shit they may get offended when you tell them not to eat it anymore.

He didn't mean all religions are bad...silly goose. He meant that the government should not tell you what to believe. He was a puritan himself, which is the strictest form of Christianity there is. Hopefully you havn't been basing all your beliefs on a mis-interpretation of Ben Franklin.

you mean "was" the strictest form of Christianity, Puritans died out not too long after Franklin, if you're looking for current strict Christians, you should look the way of the Amish...and don't worry, i'm not basing any of my beliefs on mis-interpretation, just facts...like the seperation of church and state called for in our Constitution, First Amendment, Thomas Jefferson...

Wait... I want to play!!!!

Chiming in - Good as long as you don't say things like this... "You SUCK!!!" Oh wait.... I say things like that all the time.
Differing view - Good for starting conversations. Bad if your view is different than mine.:D
God - I once wanted to become an atheist but I gave up . . . they have no holidays. - Henny Youngman
John McCain - The best choice in this election.
Marijuana - Opium and Cocaine. They're natural too!!!!
Football - Ohio State Sucks!!!
Texans - Two Texans are sitting in a small town bar, where one bragged to the other, "You know, I had me every woman in this town, except my mother and my sister."
"Well" his buddy replied, "between you and me we got'em all."

:D

Last edited:
The drinking is fine, but everyone should practice carry in/carry out. And what is with the Keystone Light?

Seriously. I'll admit to having played more than one round of inebriated disc golf, and never once have I thought that it would be a good idea to throw my containers around the course.

I'd love to catch the Keystone Animal in the act, and the Gatorade Neanderthal that inhabits Chestnut Ridge. :)

We have staked the whole of all our political
institutions upon the capacity of mankind for
self-government, upon the capacity of each and

all of us to govern ourselves, to control
ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to
the Ten Commandments of God.'
-James Madison

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too
often that this great nation was founded not
by religionists but by Christians, not on
religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ'.
-Patrick Henry

Even the Thomas Jefferson that was previously quoted worried that the Courts would "overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law
an oligarchy" promoting the concept of the rule of "few" over "many".

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher whose salary has been paid
by the taxpayer since 1777 which s a term agreed to by none other than the Thomas Jefferson that was previously quoted.

You can use a quote to prove a point on religion, but always remember that religion is a matter of belief, and there will always be opposing viewpoints. A quote on religion typically holds no merit as it is merely someone else's opinion. I posted these quotes and facts not to start an argument or even to argue the Christian perspective. I only posted to show that on the subject of religion a quote holds no burden of proof and everyone's opinions and beliefs are their own.

This looks fun.

Chiming In-No problem here, just be respectful and don't bully or talk down to anyone.
Differing View-If we all had the same view conversations would get awful boring.
God-I doubt she would want us to start or fight wars or oppress people especially in her name. I also think that people who do horrible things shouldn't be forgiven (murderers, child molesters etc.).
John McCain-More of the same. Palin's daughter might be changing more diapers than she bargained for if McCain wins.:D
Marijuana-Not my cup of tea but it seems like it should be legalized.
Football-Go Vikings!
Texans-Kinda like the Cowgirl look, definitely like the position.;)

I knew this was your real issue. I've got to go but I'll leave you with one more analogy to ponder.

One day I was playing DG and I saw a young boy eating a dog turd. I walked over to the kid and said "You shouldn't eat dog turds". He kicked me in the shin and said "I like to eat dog turds".

Moral of the story: Once someone aquires a taste for dog shit they may get offended when you tell them not to eat it anymore.
so out of all those things (thing you originally listed btw) you pick that 1 thing out as my real issue?

Fine it can be my real issue. Something I dont use is by big issue.

You're about as good at this as nyg. So I'm off to go golfing. and btw
its acquires not aquires

Football and Disc Golf are my 2 favorite sports and if you count spectators there's a lot of beer consumed during both sports. Marv, how does a dude who lives in Florida get away with being a Vikings fan?

Football and Disc Golf are my 2 favorite sports and if you count spectators there's a lot of beer consumed during both sports. Marv, how does a dude who lives in Florida get away with being a Vikings fan?

I'm a recent transplant (3 years) as is most of this town it seems. The first 35 years of my life were spent in Minnepolis-winter's much more pleasant now.:D

I'm a recent transplant (3 years) as is most of this town it seems. The first 35 years of my life were spent in Minnepolis-winter's much more pleasant now.:D
Way, way of topic...A friend of mine moved to St. Paul in the early 90's, and she came back to visit with her boyfriend the next summer. So we get tickets to the Cardinals game, and while we are walking into Busch Stadium this guy-born and raised in the Twin Cities-goes "Wow, this is the first time I've seen a baseball game outside." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Latest posts