• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golfing with a Beer!

Lol at the guy saying Wisconsinites are more responsible drinkers. Reality, we drink more beer per capita than any other state or so it seems. One town, Lacrosse, has I think 29 bars just on the main drag. That is a town of like maybe 20,000 people. So, yes us Sconny folk are just used to seeing drunk in public. I mean most of us start at like age 9 or 10.

You have clearly never been to Texas. Our preacher was absent due to a hangover a couple months ago. Ridiculous.

Have you gone elsewhere and seen how other people handle it? :shrugsmiley:

Oh yeah. I was in the Navy. Been all over the world. Besides some southern states, no one but Europeans handle alcohol consumption quite like Wisconsin. I am no saying this is good or bad. Just is how it is. About the preacher in Texas, in Wisconsin we try not to let the preachers come to wedding receptions because they always end up drunk as everyone and that can get uncomfortable. LMAO.

Lol at the guy saying Wisconsinites are more responsible drinkers. Reality, we drink more beer per capita than any other state or so it seems. One town, Lacrosse, has I think 29 bars just on the main drag. That is a town of like maybe 20,000 people. So, yes us Sconny folk are just used to seeing drunk in public. I mean most of us start at like age 9 or 10.

La Crosse is over 50,000 people. At least TRY to get your facts straight.

I will add that Oktoberfest in La Crosse was the shiznit when I was younger.

Oh yeah. I was in the Navy. Been all over the world. Besides some southern states, no one but Europeans handle alcohol consumption quite like Wisconsin. I am no saying this is good or bad. Just is how it is. About the preacher in Texas, in Wisconsin we try not to let the preachers come to wedding receptions because they always end up drunk as everyone and that can get uncomfortable. LMAO.

:hfive: I don't drink that much anymore because of my little girls. But I might need to make a mini vacation with my wife to Wisconsin. Sounds like a party.

I think it's so bad in Texas because there is nothing else to do in a small town. Everything is an hour away. Alcohol is 5 mins away.

Sorry, I thought it was smaller. Maybe the 50,000 is with all the college kids? Been a very, very long time since I subjected myself to that crap town. Like since the 1990s. LaCrosse still has more bars per capita than any town in Wisconsin.

Sorry, I thought it was smaller. Maybe the 50,000 is with all the college kids? Been a very, very long time since I subjected myself to that crap town. Like since the 1990s. LaCrosse still has more bars per capita than any town in Wisconsin.

Their Wikipedia page mentions something about 3rd street boasting more bars than any other street in the world.

You know who can really drink? Japanese businessmen. Those cats get LOOSE.

:hfive: I don't drink that much anymore because of my little girls. But I might need to make a mini vacation with my wife to Wisconsin. Sounds like a party.

I think it's so bad in Texas because there is nothing else to do in a small town. Everything is an hour away. Alcohol is 5 mins away.

Same here. Barely drink since becoming a dad. Live in a town of 850. Five bars, two liquor stores. Booze is always easy to find.

Their Wikipedia page mentions something about 3rd street boasting more bars than any other street in the world.

It is my understanding that Japanese businessmen get so drunk so they know the true nature of the people they do businesswith ...which, apparently, is only revealed when completely annihilated.

It is my understanding that Japanese businessmen get so drunk so they know the true nature of the people they do businesswith ...which, apparently, is only revealed when completely annihilated.

I got similarly plowed with those guys while in Japan, and to a man, every one said that they got drunk because their wives were royal pains in the arse.

Carlton Disc Golf Sanctuary - 2 guys probably 21 years old each. Big black tourney bag looked full of 20+ discs. "Hank" was the name on one of the discs. I called the number and "Hank" is the guy I describe below, not one of the throwers. Additionally, one of the two clearly had more sense as he asked not to be thrown towards and was chasing and bagging everything his brain-dead friend was tossing.

This is sound advice and after reading this I decided to call the guy. Seems he is in Lake Tahoe, CA and his friend was tossing his plastic, not the owner. Sounds like a really nice guy actually! I guess I will let him know why I almost did not call him and maybe he will be more careful about borrowing his inked discs to asshats.

Glad this ended up how it should. There is always somebody with more brawn than brains, and then alcohol is added making them worse.

La Crosse was a favorite destination for our annual New Years ski trip. Ok, it was more of a drinking trip. Otherwise we wouldn't have picked La Crosse. So many stories, so much shenanigans. I remember commenting to the front desk staff how crazy things were for New Years. She told me, "You should see Oktoberfest, we take the pictures off of the walls and the TVs out of the rooms and put them in storage." This was at the Holiday Inn.

That is true, I was shocked at some of the business dinners I went to in Japan where the are like 10 courses (each is very small) and every course had another drink served. First the beer then the sake, then hot sake, then shochu (distilled sake, kinda like vodka), then the famous Suntory whiskey (that is good stuff wow)...and on and on. Whoa, those guys were hard to keep up with.

Meanwhile every Chinese native I've ever met has had serious difficulties in metabolizing any more than about half a beer. Fascinating.

You in duluth, goat? If so I'm definitely assuming you're referring to Lincoln!

I understand the point though. For one, not supposed to drink in public. I do understand it happens, as I will definitely have one or two on the course. But to be beligerant is annoying and I respect the rant!

I would call the guy back. As someone mentioned your actions do represent you :)

Cheers!

My home course is on the college campus in town where alcohol isn't permitted.

So dozens of beer bottles/cans are littered at every hole of course.

I dont like to drink and do anything physical so I don't partake, but as long as they're not destroying baskets I don't care.

As others have mentioned, this guy sounds like he would be a jerk no matter what the setting or how drunk he was. I like to point out in threads like this that some of us can drink a pretty good amount and still not be jerks, and still actually play fairly well.

Whoever said they will yell "4 year-old on hole _" when unsavory things are going on around them I think that is a great idea, most people are more oblivious than disrespectful.