• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Oakley's sponsorship of the European Open make you want to wear them?

Are you more likely to wear Oakley's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

turbosteve

Eagle Member
Oakley the famous brand of sunglasses recently sponsored the European Open. Does this make disc golfers more likely to support them? I would like to know if you want to wear them or not.

Finally, a "major sponsor." I think Oakley fits perfectly with disc golf. I've been wearing Oakley sunglasses and apparel for years and glad to see they're finally here.

I don't wear sunglasses, but my eyeglass frames are Oakley (got them almost a year ago though). I do like hearing that they were sponsors. That will be in my mind at my next appointment. Could possibly be the deciding factor if I'm having trouble deciding between two different styles I like.

I used to love Oakley, but having switched to Maui Jim I'll never look back. Maui gives me the customer service that Oakley used to, and the optics are superior to Oaks as well.

I started wearing Oakleys a long time ago. My first pair was the "Blades" if you are old enough to remember them. I probably have 15 pair here at the house between mine,my wifes and my sons. I even have a leather covered pair of Straight Jackets I got from my rep at the time. The funny thing is I don't even wear sunglasses anymore!

I think their sponsorship will fit in well with the sport if they continue to support DG. I would bet a lot of players wear them already.

I have to be honest: Yes, I will support any major sponsor of disc golf in some capacity. It's 9:13pm in Michigan and I'd love to be wearing some Oakley's right now.

I loved the pair of Oakleys that I had almost 17 years ago (yea it's been a while). I was definitely considering them for my next pair of prescription shades. Now my decision has been made.

I have always been a ray ban guy, sry oakley. Props for the sponsoring

I have been buying Oakley's for a while now. When I saw the symbol in the background of the Euro Open pictures, I was stoked! Very awesome! I will continue to buy them and hope that they continue to build a relationship with the disc golf community.

Never. If I spent $100+ on a pair of sunglasses that almost assures that those sunglasses will be either, scratched, shattered or otherwise broken within a week of purchase.

Reading this through my Oakley eyeglasses. When I go out side I switch to my prescription Oakley sunglasses. Have always worn Oakley glasses, probably always will.

Maui Jim is a great sunglass, but oakleys optics are far superior.
If you buy Oakley's marketing I suppose. I'm pretty picky about my sunglasses, and I've never had a better pair than my Maui's. Also, I have a good friend who is an ophthalmologist, and he'll sell Oakley products, but he recommends 2 brands, including Maui over them. In my case, I was using credit card points to buy the sunglasses I consulted with him on it wasn't like he was trying to steer me to a brand he would make more profit on (not that he'd do that anyway), it was just his opinion that MOST Oakley glasses are more about hype, style and slick marketing as opposed to top notch optics. Oakley makes a good product, but it's not truly great. Still, props to them for their sponsorship.

kip-karate.jpg

Never. If I spent $100+ on a pair of sunglasses that almost assures that those sunglasses will be either, scratched, shattered or otherwise broken within a week of purchase.

Expensive sunglasses have pretty amazing warranty deals. I've had very good experiences with Oakley over damaged shades. Love me some Oakleys...but I also love Maui Jim. I'd buy another pair of Oakleys because of this :clap:

I wore Oakley clothing at Am Nats this year hoping to be on the lead card the final day and get noticed so they may pick me up. Didn't play well enough :(

However, it's great to see 'major' companies sponsoring DG events. We're getting close here people.

I bought Oakleys in the past. Have not had a pair in years. May go take a look.

I wouldn't pay that much for sunglasses. No matter what they sponsored... Cool to have a big sponsor for the sport though, forsure.

Latest posts