• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Does Paige Pierce throw a mixed bag??

TorreyLaffoon

Birdie Member
I could have sworn I heard Terry say during the coverage today that Paige was throwing a Dynamic Discs convict. In fact that it was the disc she aced with during mixed doubles.... Does she throw a bag with other discs besides prodigy??

I could have sworn I heard Terry say during the coverage today that Paige was throwing a Dynamic Discs convict. In fact that it was the disc she aced with during mixed doubles.... Does she throw a bag with other discs besides prodigy??

She absolutely does. I'm not sure her bag is even majority-Prodigy now...

Once you switch your putter, that's a wrap.

She maaaaay just putt with judges now...

Once you switch your putter, that's a wrap.

She maaaaay just putt with judges now...

I was wondering about that. She has the stamp taken off her white putting putters, so we can't tell from that. The announcers covering the Worlds said at one time she was throwing a Prodigy PA-1 on an approach shot. But those white putting putters don't look like Prodigy putters, and Judges may be the correct call.

They sure are hemorrhaging pros, fer sure.

Too bad, too. They make some really good discs.

In most cases, big name pros are not as instrumental as often made out to be. Discraft has 1.5 top tier sponsored players, and brands like MVP are growing without any such pros. I agree Prodigy is kind of a unique deal because they built their image on that backs of their team, and sponsoring a huge slate of the best players in the world was the jest of their business model. That said, it could just be that they have realized that the money invested in a huge team is not justified by the returns they provide, and they are going in a different direction. I sure hope so, at least. 400s and 400g are the best plastic blends on the market IMO.

Just because they lost Paige doesn't signal the death knell for Prodigy. They'll continue making great discs, and will have a presence at many tourneys with Will, Cat, Uli, Jerm, and the rest. We're not talking about Salient here.

In most cases, big name pros are not as instrumental as often made out to be. Discraft has 1.5 top tier sponsored players, and brands like MVP are growing without any such pros. I agree Prodigy is kind of a unique deal because they built their image on that backs of their team, and sponsoring a huge slate of the best players in the world was the jest of their business model. That said, it could just be that they have realized that the money invested in a huge team is not justified by the returns they provide, and they are going in a different direction. I sure hope so, at least. 400s and 400g are the best plastic blends on the market IMO.

I agree that 400s and especially 400g are great plastics (my personal favorite, i.e. the best for me, is Gold Line/Fuzion plastic. Star and 400g are close runners-up). I hope you're right about the rest of your comments, and time will tell...

Just because they lost Paige doesn't signal the death knell for Prodigy. They'll continue making great discs, and will have a presence at many tourneys with Will, Cat, Uli, Jerm, and the rest. We're not talking about Salient here.

Unfortunately it's not just Paige they lost, though she's the most obvious (and noisy) one right now. And for right or wrong, it's a publicity issue for them if not handled well.

I do hope Prodigy will do well. They could use something between the 10 and 13 speed discs, though...

We shouldn't forget that the big player movement to Prodigy was very unnatural. So all that happens now is just balancing out again. In a couple of years nobody will even think about it any more.
For now the question is only how big of a mess Prodigy and Paige Pierce want to make.

Not really, or at least nothing you can't get from another company.

Prodigy does make good discs. However, someone (don't remember who) once said that while Prodigy makes good discs, someone makes a better one in each category.

Myself, I really like the PA4, M3, M4, F3, and F5. Don't always bag them, but they're very good.

Prodigy does make good discs. However, someone (don't remember who) once said that while Prodigy makes good discs, someone makes a better one in each category.

Myself, I really like the PA4, M3, M4, F3, and F5. Don't always bag them, but they're very good.

Who is it that determines there is a "better" one in each category? It seems peoples opinions on discs are more often based on marketing and image than anything real.