• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

I agree with you about Innova eliminating some discs (Katana, Wahoo, Archon all fill the same slot), but I don't think the Sidewinder and Roadrunner overlap at all. The RR is way more understable.

I found my first Roadrunner (Champ) umarked on the course. It was indeed considerably more unstable than my Sidewinders. I finally lost that Roadrunner and have bought several more since but none are near as understable as the one I found (which was not very beat). Some of my newer ones are even lighter but they're still pretty interchangeable with my Sidewinders. I'd love to find one of those old flippy RRs.

My Monster is way more of a meathook than my flat top Firebird. My Firebird is my ideal of what a long overstable disc should be while my Monster is a ground-seeking device.

I heard they released some Champ Dominators with tourney stamps for the Norcal vs Socal tournament this last weekend. Anyone thrown one yet?

not itching to buy any of these discs really. I agree with previous posts that innova is churning out discs with different names but overlapping flight patterns.

List of discs they could get rid of or turn into limited production imo:
Groove
Wahoo
Xcal or Max(to me they overlap a little)
Monster(why get a monster when you can get a Firebird)
Monarch
Viking
Sidewinder or Roadrunner(kind of overlap)
Spider
Skeeter
Cro
Wolf
Hydra

I mean some of these discs are good, but to me, they clutter up the Innova line and give them a bad name. Another thing about Innova, not that I am against because my bag is almost all Innova, is their lack of discs in premium plastics. DX Rocs are great, but you can go get a Z Buzzz for 13 bucks where a Champ Roc is very expensive. If they would make a stock run of Champ Roc's or something to give Innova throwers a more durable disc for a better price, I believe more people would throw Roc's. I know several people who love Roc's, but throw Buzzz's because you can get the premium plastic.

Now on topic, I like the Mamba idea. Sounds like it may be a winner. But I could do without the Dominator.

How is a stable floating putter cluttering innova's mold? Pretty unique in my mind

On topic: new discs are fun, and creat multi-hundred post threads:)

It is interesting that as the Innova chart grows, while the experienced players understand how a new disc fits into the lineup even when it is only a nominal change in flight ratings as compared to other pre-existing discs, I think it tends to confuse people who are new to the game, and as the lineup grows, it is harder for retailers to stock so many discs, they will not have the shelf space or may not want to worry about maintaining adequate inventory levels on so many molds, etc.

I'm pretty sure Innova doesn't force retailers to stock every disc they produce. I would be willing to bet that when you go shopping for a baseball bat, Sportmart doesn't carry every single model Easton makes, let alone in every length/weight. Does that mean it's stupid for Easton to produce all those different models?

I'm pretty sure Innova doesn't force retailers to stock every disc they produce. I would be willing to bet that when you go shopping for a baseball bat, Sportmart doesn't carry every single model Easton makes, let alone in every length/weight. Does that mean it's stupid for Easton to produce all those different models?

Bada boom bada bing

Sportmart doesn't carry every single model Easton makes, let alone in every length/weight. Does that mean it's stupid for Easton to produce all those different models?

:clap: one of the best posts i've ever read on this forum

lets hear some reviews. i know there are some testers out there somewhere.

im excited for the mamba. small diameter perfect speed understable disc that im assuming at this point wont be quite a -5hss but i guess we have to see. innova is alot easier to come by around me so if this thing can act as a new avenger ss i will be sold.

Got to hold a mamba today but he wouldn't let me throw it....its does feel damn comfy im definetly going to get one to see how it rolls.

Latest posts