• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dominator & Mamba On The Loose

The official spec is 2.6cm max rim width.

I guess they misunderstood the max
rampage.jpg

Thanks for straightening me out on that...I took this ^ at face value

None of the L molds have leopard bottoms, they all have different rim widths so there's no way for them to share that bottom piece.

The most exciting thing about this thread so far is that DD quote saying they have been testing new FLAT TOP CHAMP COBRAS AND STINGRAYS!

Oh, hells yes.
I know they reissued the Champ Cobra...but maybe this ^ means a brand new flat top for bof'um!
And re-ish of Champ Stingrays is beauty all by itself.

They don't have to have the same rim width to share the same wing edge.
It is a three piece mold.

List of discs they could get rid of or turn into limited production imo:
Groove
Wahoo
Xcal or Max(to me they overlap a little)
Monster(why get a monster when you can get a Firebird)
Monarch
Viking
Sidewinder or Roadrunner(kind of overlap)
Spider
Skeeter
Cro
Wolf
Hydra

I mean some of these discs are good, but to me, they clutter up the Innova line and give them a bad name. Another thing about Innova, not that I am against because my bag is almost all Innova, is their lack of discs in premium plastics. DX Rocs are great, but you can go get a Z Buzzz for 13 bucks where a Champ Roc is very expensive. If they would make a stock run of Champ Roc's or something to give Innova throwers a more durable disc for a better price, I believe more people would throw Roc's. I know several people who love Roc's, but throw Buzzz's because you can get the premium plastic.

Now on topic, I like the Mamba idea. Sounds like it may be a winner. But I could do without the Dominator.

I really want to try out the Mamba now..
I wonder what molds they pieced together, or if they're completely new.

I am tired of innova coming out with 9 new discs a year. I can't keep track of all this!

The dominator sounds like a rival for the nuke or legacys cannon. He did say that the dominator is faster then a boss (rampage territory) but less stable (cannon territory). I think I'll stick to my cannons.

List of discs they could get rid of or turn into limited production imo:
Groove
Wahoo
Xcal or Max(to me they overlap a little)
Monster(why get a monster when you can get a Firebird)
Monarch
Viking
Sidewinder or Roadrunner(kind of overlap)
Spider
Skeeter
Cro
Wolf
Hydra

I mean some of these discs are good, but to me, they clutter up the Innova line and give them a bad name. Another thing about Innova, not that I am against because my bag is almost all Innova, is their lack of discs in premium plastics. DX Rocs are great, but you can go get a Z Buzzz for 13 bucks where a Champ Roc is very expensive. If they would make a stock run of Champ Roc's or something to give Innova throwers a more durable disc for a better price, I believe more people would throw Roc's. I know several people who love Roc's, but throw Buzzz's because you can get the premium plastic.

Now on topic, I like the Mamba idea. Sounds like it may be a winner. But I could do without the Dominator.

I agree with you about Innova eliminating some discs (Katana, Wahoo, Archon all fill the same slot), but I don't think the Sidewinder and Roadrunner overlap at all. The RR is way more understable.

Not sure the wahoo can be thrown in with the Katana and Archon. The wahoo was instant garbage imo.

I'm just shocked seeing on the Innova site that the Dominator is going to be available as light as the 130s. I may check out a Mamba when they come out -- maybe snag a used one after someone gets it and doesn't like it.

I'm just shocked seeing on the Innova site that the Dominator is going to be available as light as the 130s. I may check out a Mamba when they come out -- maybe snag a used one after someone gets it and doesn't like it.

130s in Blizzard Technology

but what is interesting is the flight plate pic of the Dominator (marked DR) on the Innova page that showed the weight as 160 in Champ...and not Blizzard