• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Double Reverse Mando

I am opposed to most mandos, except for safety reasons. Using a mando for a course design element has always felt more like Putt-Putt than disc golf. Why don't we just put a windmill in front of the basket to make it REALLY fun?

Some of the "kiddie courses" I've seen can benefit from mandos. (Rio Rancho ALBQ is one that comes to mind.) Often when playing one of these we play "you call it" mandos. Either we alternate or the last hole winner calls it.

Whats the point? Its plenty protected. With the information provided...seems a bit caddy shack 2 ish.

I just read about the trees...that was my only guess before...but as with all mandos and OB, that doesnt stop most players from doing what ever they want...and a majority of players cannot determine where their disc is headed once it leaves their hands.

Just going off a hunch here, but perhaps its where you have two mandatory objects but have to pass outside of them (left of the left mando or right of the right mando).

Ahh, never mind....

http://bucksnort.healthtrains.net/Course_Rules.html

MANDO'S - There is only one mandatory at the BuckSnort (#18) and it is a "Double Reverse Mando" - The mando signs point outward. This means that you must either go around to the right or the left. You can not go through the middle. If you miss the "mando" you must throw back through the middle between the mando signs then throw around the outside to get to the basket. There is no drop-zone.

Although, that's generally not how you handle a missed mando.

FYI - There are now two drop zones on this hole, one on the left, and one on the right, it's your choice. This is also a private DG course focusing on fun factor, and accuracy, and was never intended to give players a "beat down". We made this course challenging by making the fairways very tight, with mucho "risk/reward" focusing on accuracy and control, instead of pure braun and distance. Our goal was to create a course that would be challenging and fun for all players, from the rookie, to the all-star. Sure there are (in some peoples opinion) some "gimmicky" holes, and a few "ACE" runs, but for me, that makes this course an absolute blast to play. There are holes, elements, and course design, that you will probably never see anywhere else in DG. This course was not designed, nor intended to be PDGA approved, so we are not handcuffed, by the parameters most designers are working within. This has given us the freedom to use our imagination, and be a little "quirky" with the design elements. I hope this clears some things up, and I hope to see you all soon in the Mountains of Colorado. Regards - Paulie

Latest posts