• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] dragon

The best discs are your normal discs. If you have a disc meant for water...guess where its going to go...
Throw with confidence and water won't phase you. That being said, the Hydra also floats, as well as several of the lighter discs that aren't advertised as floating.

I used my dragon which I have owned for nearly a year, today for the first time on a real course in a real round and guess what it went in the water. I played it about how I wanted it just ricocheted into the water off a tree. I was able to retrieve it and any other disc would have been gone because the water is murky and deep just 1 foot out.

I am also going to carry 2 beat up DX discs that I am ok losing in water, so that if I feel better trying to execute with what I might normally throw I can always use those but not be too worried about losing a brand new disc.

Are you covering prerube shift bdave?;)

Nah, if I wanted to be more Prerubian I would've made some snippier remark about using the search function. BrotherDave remembers all, therefore he searches.

FYI, the preferred shorten form of BrotherDave is BroD. Some call me "Brodie" actually.

for me the dragon throws similar to my light valk. it only comes in 150 so it is easier to OAT. I prefer the lightning #2 driver as it feels like a stingray but throws like a real driver and floats. or if you like to tomahawk use an epic.

I agree it is most like a valkyrie but it only is 150 as solomon said so it acts like a beat valkyrie. You better hyzer that thing to get it to go straight initially. However because it has never been thrown it had a lot of slow speed stability too, so it hyzer out at the end. Thats how I ended in the water whe I thought it would holds its line longer.

I started the dragon lovers social group because I really like dragons. They are super light and respond best to good form and less power. They float and glide in the air as well as they do in the water! They also have a steep fade at the end.

I recently dug my Dragon outa the storage box to use at my home course because of a winter pond that has formed.
I used to use the disc a lot in the past, but only with calm winds. The wind really determined when to use it.
It was a good choice for me. I made it safely across 4 times now. One guy in my group wasn't so lucky. He caught a tree branch with his Dragon and down it went. We all left the course and it was still floating in the middle. That's life!

hmmm?

got one for christmass from my pa. havent used it yet. there is like a foot of snow out there. seems like it could be a a nice forearm disc

best way to describe a Dragon - take a Valkyrie, semi-worn, and get rid of almost all of its glide.

I have a pretty positive opinion about the Dragon. I bought one a couple weeks ago just to have a floater in my bag. Didn't think to try it as a normal disc. We finished playing a 9 hole course in San Luis Obispo around sunset and decided to shoot a couple more holes before dark. I decided to roll hole 1 for fun but was unable to clear a patch of ivy and ended up about 90ft from the tee. After finding my disc, I decided to pull out my brightest disc since it was getting dark. My unthrown Dragon is bright orange so I decided to give it a try. Standing in the ivy, I couldn't use a run-up so I set my feet, lined it up and let it go. I was happy it went in the general direction but was amazed when it actually went in. I paced it off at around 200'. First throw.

I have since been trying to improve my sidearm throw and find the Dragon one of my more consistent discs along with my Sidewinder.

i actually cant use it forehand well with a dragon and i throw forehand alot. i love it backhand though. also dragons float but they can still be out in the middle of the water so you may need to get wet to retrieve it.

Dragon sucks! It can float all it wants, but the second it hits the water, it doesent matter, its floating away from you, it doesent land next to the shore where it orignally hit. Lost my dragon earlier this year....**** it! Was a worthless disc anyhow!

Dragon sucks! It can float all it wants, but the second it hits the water, it doesent matter, its floating away from you, it doesent land next to the shore where it orignally hit. Lost my dragon earlier this year....**** it! Was a worthless disc anyhow!

i hated it at 1st but love it now