• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dream card?

txmxer

* Ace Member *
What 3 players would you want on card to play a round with.

Simon seems like an easy pick.
Matty O seems like he'd be fun to play with.
Ricky seems to have a lot of fun in his casual rounds.
Sexton might be fun to play with.

Be an experience to play with guys like McBeth and McMahon, but I'm not sure it would be fun.

Nikko could provide some entertainment. Particularly if you could pick someone that gets under his skin to be in the card.

Thought about FPO, but that would be emasculating.

Hmm.

I'd have to stick Paul Ulibari on there just because I find him funny and entertaining.

I'll stick Dickerson on my card because he seems pretty down to earth in a blue collar kind of way and he and I would probably get along.

Filling out the card would be tricky. Not going with Matty O because he might be a little too over the top for me. Conrad and Heimberg would be awesome to watch but they have a kind of social awkwardness about them. I guess I'd go with Lizotte to fill my card.

Fun question. Thanks.

For some, their dream card might not include any current MPO player although Simon might make many threesomes. Any three of these four, Tom Monroe, Gregg Hosfeld, John Houck or Juliana would be an interesting mix.

Sexton, McBeth, Heimburg.

Can't pass up a chance with an active 5x champ and huge influence. There's a lot to learn from that guy. He also seems to have a sense of humor on top of his competitiveness.

I think with their history Sexton could do enough ribbing at Paul to get him as loose as possible. And I'd want to see that crow hop FH madness and cheeky wit in action.

Heimburg so I can tell him to deliberately throw dry sarcastic shade at me all round, watch in awe at his low ceiling smashes, and constantly respond "oh yeah?", grab one of his Halo drivers out of his bag, then smugly cross my arms as it hyzers out 300' away and repeat "next big thing right here" every tee.

Stokely and Uli so I could get some pointers and Chris Clemons because I'd like to play with another lefty and he's currently the best southpaw

Thought about FPO, but that would be emasculating.

Going for it.

Tattar. Ice cold, sweet form, wicked FH game. Giving the Americans a run for their money, hope she gets 1x.

PP. Same as Mcbeth, interesting person overall.

Gets harder from there. Maybe Ella Hansen for the crush game or Ohn for the sick putts and boundless positivity.

MPO
Simon
Calvin
KJUSA

That just sounds like a fun time.

...with no shortage of awesome shots.

FPO
Kristin
Paige
Ohn

Last edited:
Also, if I wanted to keep things kind of local I'd go Eagle, Tristan Tanner, and Joe Rovere. Rovere gets the nod over Joel Freeman because Joel just seems too annoying to be around on the course.

Simon Lizotte - his 'Simon Lines' are incredible. It's taught me to look for other options. Just because the tee pad points that way and the tee sign shows that direction....that might not be the best option.
Paul Ulibarri - he's originally from Arizona, has a great forehand, and I've taken lessons from his brother.
Last spot is a toss-up...
Jeremy Koling - he's awesome with a forehand and I'd love to see him do the pterodactyl throw. Maybe he'd even show me how to throw it.
or
Nate Sexton - again a great forehand player.

All of those also seem to really enjoy disc golf. So we'd have fun.

MPO:
Calvin: Enjoy watching his game, and one of my favorites. Admire his focus.
Conrad: Another one of my favorites. I'm currently changing out my bag to MVP and would like to see how there really supposed to be thrown.
Corey Ellis: I'm currently working on the x-step, and I'm thinking my three-step could resemble his, would like to see it up close.

FPO:
Catrinia: I have her quote at the bottom of this reply, as a Submariner would like to check out her mentality, and I like her focus.
Holly Finley: Seems to have a bubbly personality, from what I've read good person to meet by chance on the course, and um my wife is also a redhead. My question for her modeling to disc golf?
Heather Young: Need to have another lefty to play with, and I watch her form to help me. I hope she gets her enthusiasm back and returns to the tour.

For some, their dream card might not include any current MPO player although Simon might make many threesomes. Any three of these four, Tom Monroe, Gregg Hosfeld, John Houck or Juliana would be an interesting mix.

Great point. I don't really know anyone personally so it's just kind of a guess at who would actually be fun to be around and still completely amazing.

I've heard Dickerson can be witty, and I know Calvin has a reputation and we see it in the videos some.

There are a lot more that I'd like to play with than not. There are a few that I don't think would be much fun, but not gonna name those.

I think I'd lean toward including Ian Anderson with whoever else because he seems like that "straw that stirs the drink" guy. When he is on commentary he just makes anyone along side him into a rock star, it feels like. Plus, he started Champs vs. Chumps and I have a very special place in my heart for that.

I could see Sarah Hokom and Nate Sexton being great to play along side. They both seem to be very down to earth and easy to have a conversation with. Ian, Sarah and Nate would be phenomenal.

I'd probably get the most out of a round with Big Jerm, just because he can't stop himself from trying to give out knowledge. I recognize him as one of my people and I would love to just have him ramble. I bet just Ian and Jerm together would make for a phenomenal education.

And if I just wanted to have a fun round and soak in some general tour vibes, I bet playing with Madison Walker and Ericka Stinchcomb would be an absolute blast. Maybe throw Ella Hansen or Holyn Handley in there so I could be amazed at what the right background can get you in a little bit of time. And the other three of us could all commiserate about how far they throw.

Philo and Sexton (so they could commentate on every shot, "Dang, he hit first available again!"), Stokely ( my age and still great), Ricky (he is my frame except my extra pudge)--would love to watch his mechanics close up for a round.

Anyone selling raffle tickets?

Played a bunch with Tom when I lived in Gainesville (I played a few years in the early 90s). It was Tom's local course. Will always remember his grunts on full sends. It was a big deal back then when he threw a disc 110 yards down a football field through the opposite goal posts. What a difference 30 some years makes!

Played a round with him and GG when he was a kid. Lost to Tom, but did take GG--by 2 strokes. He was 9 I think. :eek:

Does it have to be pros? I've got some locals I know pretty well and I'd certainly qualify any of those three a dream card. But I'm sure no one here knows any of them...

Does it have to be pros? I've got some locals I know pretty well and I'd certainly qualify any of those three a dream card. But I'm sure no one here knows any of them...

it is your card. Sounds like you are living the dream!

I have a great group of guys I play with, so that's not really a dream. More of a blessing.

Latest posts