• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Driver Advice

This weekend I've got Rocky Mount and it looks like another day of wet/windy weather on Sunday and if we play Farmington or Schwebie modified Sunset that day, I'm gonna be at a loss again. Maybe I should go throw a few of these down the gravel road at Zeb some!!

Yeah Sue you got an eagle x. Sword is nice but I've had mine flip in the wind before. Eagle x won't flip unless it's trashed.

What you're asking for is the fine line between distance and predictability, which is an interesting challenge.

This is a tough request because overstable discs are typically more predictable in the wind, as are low glide discs.

However, high glide discs that are the right speed for the thrower to turn over (slightly high speed understable for the thrower) are typically the best max distance discs.

I understand your predicament but typically I'll opt for control over distance in the wind. I'd rather be 20-30' short on a drive than 100' right, and if I am getting the line I want then probably working on my distance will get me a better result than chasing distance with plastic (a very bad / expensive / often fruitless habit to get in to imo!)

That said, what will probably meet the requirements will be something that is just a bit more high speed stable for you than the tbird. Unfortunately thats not a disc I throw much but maybe others can recommend something along those lines?

Anyone know if the Teebird3 or Thunderbird is more HSS? Maybe a Stag? I wouldnt consider these wind discs, but maybe closer to the line you're trying to flirt with.

Sword definitely turns more than a destroyer or wraith for me, but it's glidey and long and might work depending on how far the OP is winging 'em out there.

Yep, I'm in a tweener distance!!!

So far, out all I've thrown, I'm getting great predictable distance with my Orc and Starfire. I got the Thunderbird in, but I need to spend more time with it!

The biggest surprise? Hella distance with the Saint!! It doesn't fit the spot I was looking to fill, but holy crap, this thing is awesome. Plankeye says I shouldn't throw it bc it's World's Special Run and is quite valuable. But I want to throw it, just this one.

I'm attaching a pic of the Saint vs Starfire, it went as far as all the other drivers. The Saint went about 40 ft further. This was a pretty decent tailwind today. It does get a bit flippy in a headwind.

Also, getting multiple offers on the Pearly White Starfire. Sorry, that sweet thing isn't for sale, its going in the bag. Pretty sure I've got an entire thread on here somewhere devoted to it!!! Ha!!! LOVE IT!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 24
From what I've read I'd suggest trying out a C-Line or S-Line PD. I am biased though because I carry two C-PDs in my bag :D. A Star or Champ Orc would be my second suggestion.

Last edited:
So far the PD I have that I'm throwing just isn't give me any distance. It's a 159 g, but it's super stable right now. I do like my Champ Orc and Champ Starfire, I'll be carrying those at my tourney this weekend and ridding my bag of all things Blizzard! :)

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

From what I've read I'd suggest trying out a C-Line or S-Line PD. I am biased though because I carry two C-PDs in my bag :D. A Star or Champ Orc would be my second suggestion.

Champ Orc / Star Orc / G* or Pro Orc. so much win right there

So far the PD I have that I'm throwing just isn't give me any distance. It's a 159 g, but it's super stable right now. I do like my Champ Orc and Champ Starfire, I'll be carrying those at my tourney this weekend and ridding my bag of all things Blizzard! :)

Thanks for all your help guys!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415395833.553448.jpg