• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

One of my first discs was a max weight Champion Boss. Stupid.

My first day i got a destroyer. Did that for a month. Got a seasoned roc and bthought i got really good.

Found an epic and a wahoo. Terrible.

Might piss off someone: a star gator. I'm not sure what i thought i would do with it, but i havent done anything yet.

My first day i got a destroyer. Did that for a month. Got a seasoned roc and bthought i got really good.

Found an epic and a wahoo. Terrible.

Might piss off someone: a star gator. I'm not sure what i thought i would do with it, but i havent done anything yet.

Ive only felt them and they feel good. What did u not like bout it? Pros and cons?

one was my 132g blizzard katana since its so light the moon and sun have to line up and no wind at all the get it to fly right and the other was a groove i found and gave it to a buddy after 10 mins and its now his fave disc

Wahoo

I feel inclined to defend the Wahoo. I don't have a ton of power, and it's the disc I learned hyzer flips with. I release it with some hyzer, it flips up and flies straight, followed by a soft glidey fade right over the local water hole.

Now the DX Gator...Innova should just stop kidding themselves with those things. I bought a bunch for my summer camp kids to throw because we have a few lakes near the field where we play. The ones that went in the water sank, and the ones that didn't were obliterated by trees and the ground. All the other DX discs are still in decent shape after 2 years, but I saw a dragon literally split in half.

My very first driver was a max weight Monster. I can use it now, but for a beginner it was absolutely a dumb investment.

Sadly for Innova, they hold the distinction of being the manufacturer of every dumb purchase I've made. Archon, Viking, Beast, Groove, Monster, Ape, Destroyer, Boss... A few of those have spent significant time in my bag, but none of them were wise purchases because of where I was as a player at the time that I bought them.

Nothing tops my purchase of a Groove though. That's one disc that never earned its weight, and I sold it a long time ago.

No a Dragon is a driver. The Wahoo is a putter. Both float in water. Neither has ever looked remotely interesting.

ummm totally wrong on that!

Hydra is a putter and is an incredible disc.

Wahoo is a 13 speed driver that gets flippy incredibly fast.

Dragon is more of a floating fairway driver.

ummm totally wrong on that!

Hydra is a putter and is an incredible disc.

Wahoo is a 13 speed driver that gets flippy incredibly fast.

Dragon is more of a floating fairway driver.

I think it's funny that you're correcting him while being wrong about one part of your post.

What you say is true, though. I'm just poking fun with you. :p

1738-glow-large.jpg

when I was first starting I let the local pro who works at the shop talk me into buying a Star Kite, he said it flew great real minimal right hand turn. He forgot to mention he threw it forehand. Had maybe 5 throws not turn and burn the second I released it. glad I lost it bummed I bought it in premium plastic.

Latest posts