• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dumbest Disc Purchased

Murderous Monkey

Eagle Member
Alright, I searched for this and couldn't find anything. What I'm wanting to know is what is the dumbest disc you've bought? I just started last August, but I already have 2 dumb purchases.

The first would be when I was a PIAS and I bought a Quest Raging Inferno. I thought to myself, golf balls fly awesome with dimples, why shouldn't discs? Bad idea. Needless to say, I'm no longer in possession of said disc.

My second would be a Star Katana. Not a bad disc by any means, but NOT a disc for beginners. I kid you not, on it's second throw about an hour after I bought it, it met the tall brush gods and was never heard from again despite 30-45 minutes of 2 people searching for it.

So let me know some of your bad buys!

probably this x-out echo star destroyer this morning, no glide and way way overstable, like a nuke os minus the glide. i was pissed but at least it was only 5 bucks.

A Dimple. The disc was completely dimpled like a golf ball, every time you threw it another small piece of skin came off your finger.

Star Tee-Rex when I was new to the game. I could barely throw that thing 100'.

@OP - you are about to make a 3rd if you buy that groove in the $9 or less thread.

condor would be mine.

Velocity_Supreme_Line_Standard.jpg

Proto Wahoo, I thought it was gonna be just like the numbers said, a little less stable destroyer and man was I wrong. Flippiest piece of junk ever, not even worth it to keep it for water holes.

My first discs were bought last fall: putter was Ok for a noob (Birdie), as was the mid (Shark), but the guy at Play It Again Sports let me walk out of there with a max weight factory second champ orc. I still can't get that to stabilize! :doh:

Gotta second the wahoo vote. Got it for water holes, plus I liked the way it felt in the hand...couldn't do anything with it. Now I just throw something I don't care about

Alright, I searched for this and couldn't find anything. What I'm wanting to know is what is the dumbest disc you've bought? I just started last August, but I already have 2 dumb purchases.

The first would be when I was a PIAS and I bought a Quest Raging Inferno. I thought to myself, golf balls fly awesome with dimples, why shouldn't discs? Bad idea. Needless to say, I'm no longer in possession of said disc.

My second would be a Star Katana. Not a bad disc by any means, but NOT a disc for beginners. I kid you not, on it's second throw about an hour after I bought it, it met the tall brush gods and was never heard from again despite 30-45 minutes of 2 people searching for it.

So let me know some of your bad buys!

I have a Gateway Scream DT that my brother bought for me barely used at $4.99 and I love it. It hisses like a snake when it rips out of my hand, and is one of the easiest discs to throw in my opinion.

Anyway, Groove for me, before I knew better. :wall:

@OP - you are about to make a 3rd if you buy that groove in the $9 or less thread.

condor would be mine.

Yeah, I was thinking about it for cheap enough, but I'm not gonna pull the trigger on that. Thanks for looking out though!

I also forgot about a Star Teerex I got off of ebay just last month. Didn't even throw it, promptly traded it for a Star Leopard.

Latest posts