• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DX Beast - Way Flippy

funny you did not know that after telling me how proficient you are. I better not mention O.A.T.

Yet another good thread hijacked for no good reason. In your honor, I have named my Beast "Billy" because it flips over very quickly and goes pretty much nowhere.

Hey, I forgot to tell you I shot a 50 at Como Lake Park from the whites over the weekend. I know it doesn't beat your 71, but....oh wait, the lower score is better in this game, right? Cheer up, son, At least you know what OAT means :)

my 71 huh? I have not played that course in years, so even if I shot a 71 you would be digging up info from 2008. You are too hilarious, look at a calendar its 2015.

I have a 172g g* Destroyer that flies like a roadrunner, bought another @168g and that one flies like a Destroyer. I've also got a new 165g star Sidewinder that flies like a Thunderbird but with more glide. I've only gotten it to turn once, and that was into a 15-20 mph headwind. Even then it barely moved right a few inches on a 320ish foot throw. If I ever put a roller disc in my bag, it will probably be that flippy Destroyer.
As for DX... I love it, but with my propencity for hitting the first available off the tee, that stuff doesn't last a round.

my 71 huh? I have not played that course in years, so even if I shot a 71 you would be digging up info from 2008. You are too hilarious, look at a calendar its 2015.

If you have something constructive to say regarding the original post, I am all ears. For all your proclamations of being god's gift to disc golf, all I see is a troll.

If you have something constructive to say regarding the original post, I am all ears. For all your proclamations of being god's gift to disc golf, all I see is a troll.

all ears....just nothing between them.

I remember when I first started throwing the beast. I would throw it down the field and it would flip over. Then I would throw it back and it was super overstable. I thought, "wow, the beast is a crappy disc. no consistency at all!"
I did not occur to me until I became more experienced that I was throwing into the wind on one trial and against the wind on the next.

Sometimes it's not the arrow, its the archer.

all ears....just nothing between them.

I remember when I first started throwing the beast. I would throw it down the field and it would flip over. Then I would throw it back and it was super overstable. I thought, "wow, the beast is a crappy disc. no consistency at all!"
I did not occur to me until I became more experienced that I was throwing into the wind on one trial and against the wind on the next.

Sometimes it's not the arrow, its the archer.

I'm going to prerube you and ask that you read the original post. Wind was already taken into account. Three other posters have read the facts and agreed that this particular disc is a freak, so I will go with that.

I'm just going to stick with my roadrunner for my under stable disc, that works well for me.

The wind was just my particular past with the beast. The archer can be effected by more than wind.

Gotcha. I really want to like this disc since I have heard great things, but am not going to change my entire throwing style for one disc. I'll use it as a roller since that is likes to do for me.

Gotcha. I really want to like this disc since I have heard great things, but am not going to change my entire throwing style for one disc. I'll use it as a roller since that is likes to do for me.

I would keep working with it. It's a great disc when you get the hang of how it likes to be thrown. The DX is probably not the best choice to try this disc out as. A Pro Beast and the G-Star Beast(my favorite) are good ones to start with. In my opinion the Star and Champion Beast need a little more mustard on them and work suprising well in some Headwinds.

I would keep working with it. It's a great disc when you get the hang of how it likes to be thrown. The DX is probably not the best choice to try this disc out as. A Pro Beast and the G-Star Beast(my favorite) are good ones to start with. In my opinion the Star and Champion Beast need a little more mustard on them and work suprising well in some Headwinds.

That IS surprising considering it is supposed to be under stable. I bought it for a particular purpose, for two specific holes on one of our local courses. The roadrunner meets my turnover disc needs, and I have other drivers that will do a nice gentle S curve for me when I throw them flat. I'll keep it around and try to see what it can do on the field in practice, but it doesn't have a spot in my bag since I don't trust it.

That IS surprising considering it is supposed to be under stable. I bought it for a particular purpose, for two specific holes on one of our local courses. The roadrunner meets my turnover disc needs, and I have other drivers that will do a nice gentle S curve for me when I throw them flat. I'll keep it around and try to see what it can do on the field in practice, but it doesn't have a spot in my bag since I don't trust it.

That's how I was with the Stalker when I started using one. I didn't really trust it. I knew what it did,but also my Teebirds could do the same thing but better.

I might be a little biased on the Beast since it's my go to distance driver.

Yeah I know man it is a little nutz. I have 2 champion beast and 2 star beasts and all 4 can handle a headwind. You may have to adjust the angle just a little,but they hardly ever get flipped over. Now with my other two they will flip faster than a pancake

Try finding a dx beast with the new stamp on them. I felt some today and they were old mold beasts. They redesigned the stamp with a new picture on it.

Are you throwing the new dx Beast that has a wing like the old beast?

Yeah the new beast stamp looks like a horse on meth being electrocuted.

Yeah the new beast stamp looks like a horse on meth being electrocuted.

lol, I'm not sure. I ended up giving it to one of my DG buddies for the rights to a disc to be named later. Hopefully he has better luck.

Latest posts